Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Allways wrong pathway in menu

More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by rotor
Fresh Joomla 3.4.3 install
Fresh Kunena 3.0.4 install

I have done this 3 to 4 times now and each time I do this it adds the local path/directory to the directory!

IE: The site is installed in an addon domain and sits in directory TESTSITE under /public_html like all good addon domains must! The addon domains name is say - onetwothree.com.au

So the domain name is not the same name as the addon domain and shouldnt matter. Why then, after I install kunena the menu always tries to open www.onetwothree.com.au/TESTSITE/index.php/forums instead of just www.onetwothree.com.au/index.php/forums

When I arrow over the Forum link it displays the correct path. Its when I click on it that it sends me to path with TESTSITE in it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, rotor. I'm sorry that no-one else has taken the time to reply to your questions.

rotor wrote: Fresh Joomla 3.4.3 install
Fresh Kunena 3.0.4 install

Are you sure you mean K 3.0.4 and not K 4.0.3?

rotor wrote: The site is installed in an addon domain and sits in directory TESTSITE under /public_html like all good addon domains must! The addon domains name is say - onetwothree.com.au

The domain name onetwothree.com.au exists, that's true, but there is no website for it.

rotor wrote: So the domain name is not the same name as the addon domain ...

That's not quite correct. The term "add-on" domain relates to your webhosting service. When you purchase a webhost you [typically] receive a the right to host one domain—referred to as your primary domain—and [perhaps] the ability to add other domains that you may own. These other domains are usually referred to as add-on domains. As long as you own the right to point the DNS of a domain name to a webserver, you can use any domain name that you like and, yes, you're right, this shouldn't affect the matter.

As long as we are not confusing the terms add-on domains with sub-domains (or even "parked" domains) then I have a general understanding of what you're referring to.

I simply don't have enough information from what you've posted to be able to help you here. You have a couple of choices: (a) you can hold out hope that, perhaps, you will get some free advice on this forum that resolves your problem—this could take a while; or (b) you could contact me and we'll see what we can do together.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds