Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Upgrade 3.08 to 4.02 -> blue eagle and crypsis not working

More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by madtulip
Hello.

I upgraded from kunena 3.08 to 4.02. using Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable [ Ember ] 21-March-2015 20:30 GMT.

After the upgrade i could see the old forum and entries but whenever i wanted to open a topic i would get.:

500 Internal Server Error
Fatal Error was detected!

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

Fatal Error: Class 'KunenaForumMessageAttachmentHelper' not found in components/com_kunena/models/topic.php on line 156

As far as i understood "KunenaForumMessageAttachmentHelper" class was renamed to something else. while reading further i got the impression that some security issue was fixed with the new crypsis template. so instead of triing to edit the topic.php file i instead installed crypsis3b and set it as default template.

when clicking on my joomla menue item which worked well for the blue eagle forum before (menue item type: kunema forum: home page) i now also get a 500. The source of the 500 seems to be different this time (the top bar background color is red this time).:

500 - Layout „common/menu“ nicht gefunden!

Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden, weil:

Sie ein veraltetes Lesezeichen aufgerufen haben.
Sie über eine Suchmaschine einen veralteten Index dieser Webseite aufgerufen haben.
Sie eine falsche Adresse aufgerufen haben.
Sie keinen Zugriff auf diese Seite haben.
Die angefragte Quelle wurde nicht gefunden!
Während der Anfrage ist ein Fehler aufgetreten!

Bitte eine der folgenden Seiten ausprobieren:

Startseite

Bei Problemen ist der Administrator dieser Website zuständig.

Layout „common/menu“ nicht gefunden!

so i just want my old 3.08 forum and posts to work with kunema 4.02. i searched about 2h for documentation. some help would be appreciated.

have a nice day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by 810
Looks some files didn't overwritten, maybe file permission,

Try to Uninstall kunena (backend - extensions - manage - select kunena - uninstall)
check if the files are deleted.
- components/com_kunena
- administrator/components/com_kunena
- libraries/kunena

in then install kunena again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madtulip

More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by madtulip
installation was broken due to fileinfo php extensions only beeing activated in php.ini but not installed/compiled. thanks for your help!

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds