Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Avatar, and User profile link disable

More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by correctfx
Hi,

On my page the User profiles are sensitive informations and I need hide them.
The forum show an "Error No Permission" message, when a user click to the other users avatars or names.
I would like to disable the avatar and username links, the user cannot click them.

[img

Can I do this?

Thanks!
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2 by rich
At Kunena configuration tab frontend
Show Avatar on Category Index and Recent Topics = No

At Kunena configuration tab security (but these settings have only effect for guests and not for registered users)
Allow Guests to see User Profiles = No
Allow Guests to see Stats link = No
Allow Guests to see Userlist = No
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: correctfx

More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by correctfx

rich wrote: At Kunena configuration tab frontend
Show Avatar on Category Index and Recent Topics = No

At Kunena configuration tab security (but these settings have only effect for guests and not for registered users)
Allow Guests to see User Profiles = No
Allow Guests to see Stats link = No
Allow Guests to see Userlist = No

Hello. Thank you for the reply. It works perfectly for guests, usernames are unclickable and unaccessable for them, but I'd like to make it the very same for logged in users. So, usernames at forums should be unclickable for registered users aswell.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by rich

So, usernames at forums should be unclickable for registered users aswell.

Yes, I thought that you to want this. Unfortunately, I know no way to prevent that. I'm sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: correctfx

More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by correctfx
From php code maybe?

More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
It would be better to write a plugin to do this. In that way you would not have to continually hack the PHP source files every time you need to update the component.

More
7 years 9 months ago #7 by 810
There are 4 options:

1) Create template overrides, but you need to change alot off pages
2) Create own template.
3) Create a plugin thats overwrintg out function
4) Edit it on the core, but you need to copy it back after an update.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
810 has summed up the possibilities fairly well but there are difficulties with each depending on what you choose:

1) overrides are messy and time consuming and, if there are changes made to Kunena, some of the overrides may fail when you upgrade.

2) as with 1 above, creating your own template (based on the existing template), may require further changes when the Kunena core software is changed.

3) a plugin can disable the link (fairly easy to do now by going to Plugins » Kunena - Kunena Integration » Enable Kunena Profiles = No) but how will logged-in users edit/change their own profiles and replace their avatars?

4) extremely time-consuming to locate the relevant parts of the Kunena core, make the changes, and remember to re-apply the changes with successive upgrades. For this reason, those people who hack the core usually do not upgrade after doing it once. Further, once you've hacked the core, you void any "warranty" or support from the developers or the rest of the community. In effect, you're on your own.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rich

More
7 years 9 months ago #9 by rich

sozzled wrote:
3) a plugin can disable the link (fairly easy to do now by going to Plugins » Kunena - Kunena Integration » Enable Kunena Profiles = No) but how will logged-in users edit/change their own profiles and replace their avatars?

Yes, that's the solution!
1. Go in backed to "Kunena > Plugins > Kunena - Kunena Integration" and choose Enable Kunena Profiles = No
2. Go to "Menus > Kunena Menu" and create additional the Kunena menu item Edit User

Then you can edit with the menu item "Edit User" your own profile, and with the menu item "Profile" you see your own profile. But no others users have access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, correctfx

More
7 years 9 months ago #10 by correctfx
This is the solution! Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds