Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Email Notifications

More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #1 by 313designs
This component has the ability to send email notifications to Users after a new topic has been posted to the board correct?

More specifically I'm asking about Category Subscriptions: I have it set to Email New Posts..does that mean when someone creates a new topic - users will be notified via email?

James :)
Last edit: 8 years 4 weeks ago by 313designs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #2 by 313designs
Replied by 313designs on topic Email Notifications
Ok so I figured out that a user has to SUBSCRIBE to the category in order to get notifications of new posts. Now, understanding that, is there a way I can set all users , by default to be subscribers of all Categories?

I have Check Subscription Box set to YES so does that mean all users will be subscribed to all categories by default?

UPDATE:

After making that setting, I cleared my Joomla Cache and proceeded to create a topic and noticed that besides the optics and category I manually set to Subscribe to...the others are still saying "subscribe"...How does the check subscription suppose to work?

My question is, I don't want my users to have to manually subscribe to a category or topic, anyone that's a User, I want them , by default subscribed so that no matter where a topic is created, they'll get notification of it.

Thanks,
James

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #3 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Email Notifications
what you ask is autosubscription, and that has not been added yet maybe on K5.1

But for now there is a paid plugin on the joomla extension website.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #4 by 313designs
Replied by 313designs on topic Email Notifications
I found a plugin, FREE, on the Joomla main web site that automatically assigns newly registered users to all categories as well as it can add existing users as well with a single command.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...scription-for-kunena
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrew222

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds