Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 has been Released for Kunena 5.2 (20 Jan 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena template Blue Eagle 5 v1.6.2 which is now available for download. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in development.

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with

Solved Email Notifications

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1 by 313designs
This component has the ability to send email notifications to Users after a new topic has been posted to the board correct?

More specifically I'm asking about Category Subscriptions: I have it set to Email New Posts..does that mean when someone creates a new topic - users will be notified via email?

James :)
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by 313designs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #2 by 313designs
Replied by 313designs on topic Email Notifications
Ok so I figured out that a user has to SUBSCRIBE to the category in order to get notifications of new posts. Now, understanding that, is there a way I can set all users , by default to be subscribers of all Categories?

I have Check Subscription Box set to YES so does that mean all users will be subscribed to all categories by default?

UPDATE:

After making that setting, I cleared my Joomla Cache and proceeded to create a topic and noticed that besides the optics and category I manually set to Subscribe to...the others are still saying "subscribe"...How does the check subscription suppose to work?

My question is, I don't want my users to have to manually subscribe to a category or topic, anyone that's a User, I want them , by default subscribed so that no matter where a topic is created, they'll get notification of it.

Thanks,
James

More
4 years 10 months ago #3 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Email Notifications
what you ask is autosubscription, and that has not been added yet maybe on K5.1

But for now there is a paid plugin on the joomla extension website.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #4 by 313designs
Replied by 313designs on topic Email Notifications
I found a plugin, FREE, on the Joomla main web site that automatically assigns newly registered users to all categories as well as it can add existing users as well with a single command.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...scription-for-kunena
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrew222

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds