Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved How to subscribe automatically to category posts for new users

More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by W13ear
Where and how do I make it possible that new users are automatically added to receive notifications for new posts in an entire category and all sub-categories?

If this aint possible where can I make this possible in a manual way?

Thanks for helping me out!

Winfried

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
For now there is a paid 3th party plugin on the extensions.joomla.org website for that. But we want write our own code for this feature.

More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled

W13ear wrote: Where and how do I make it possible that new users are automatically added to receive notifications for new posts in an entire category and all sub-categories?

You should be aware that it may be illegal to force new users to receive notification of new messages posted on your forum unless they have formally agreed that (a) they will "automatically" be subscibed and (b) they have the means to unsubscribe if they do not wish to receive emails about new posts.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by W13ear

810 wrote: For now there is a paid 3th party plugin on the extensions.joomla.org website for that. But we want write our own code for this feature.

Ok, Thanks!
I will wait for this feature, hope it will be available soon.

Meanwhile, as a moderator or user, how and where can I subscribe to all future posts within the kunena enviroment?

More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by W13ear

sozzled wrote:

W13ear wrote: Where and how do I make it possible that new users are automatically added to receive notifications for new posts in an entire category and all sub-categories?

You should be aware that it may be illegal to force new users to receive notification of new messages posted on your forum unless they have formally agreed that (a) they will "automatically" be subscibed and (b) they have the means to unsubscribe if they do not wish to receive emails about new posts.

Thanks for the warning.
But this feature is only for selected users to get new posts for a specific topic where they have been in real life all together. It is for communicating within subgroups about what is of interest for all people involved within that subgroup.

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds