Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved HTML formatted emails and changing COM_KUNENA_POST_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION3

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #1 by bcraigie
Hello,

Someone mentioned html formatted emails were possible with Kunena 4, and I wanted to put some html in the COM_KUNENA_POST_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION3 language override in order to explain how to unsubscribe from notifications (it is a measure to appease Hotmail who have started marking my forum's email notifications as Spam because of the lack of an opt-out message in the emails). So I could make pretty buttons to unsubscribe from the topic etc inside the emails.

I can't see anywhere in the configuration to enable or disable html emails. Can anyone point it out to me please? At present, Kunena is sending plain text emails.

Also, I don't know who to report it to, but the search facility on the documentation pages at www.kunena.org/docs/en doesn't work. For example, I typed html in the search box there and pressed enter but nothing happened (instead of a message saying nothing was found).

Thank you. :-)
Brian
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bcraigie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
configuration- user - Include Post Contents

If you want to change the html:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/deve...cription/default.php
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by 810.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bcraigie

More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by bcraigie
Thank you. The setting is already "yes" but that setting does not give the choice between html and plain text.

I have looked at the Git Hub, but I cannot find some of the folders in the path.

In GitHub, the path is :

components/com_kunena/site/template/system/layouts/email/subscription/default.php

The folder "site" does not exist. I did find the default.php file at
components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/email/subscription/default.php

But it perhaps is not getting used as it says it is the template for html emails and my system is for some reason sending plain text emails.

Aha! So, I did not understand that the choice of Template (Kunena menu -> Template Manager -> set the default template) affects the emails as well as the look of the site for the users!

OK, now I set "Crypsis" as the Default template, the html emails are now coming through, and the html I added to the language override is working properly. :-)

Thank you for all the help. I hope this discovery helps others.

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds