Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Remove "Create Account" from Kuena User

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1 by dbeezley
I have a Joomla site using Community Builder for user management, coupled with Kunena. There are times I need to limit new registrations, so I don't publish the the registration link on the CB Login Module. However, it still appears on the Kunena page. Since CB controls user login and registration, I'd like to remove that from Kunena. How do I do that?
Doug Beezley
beasleygenealogy.net
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by dbeezley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
go to joomla users - click on options - disable user registration

More
8 years 4 months ago #3 by dbeezley
I want to be able to allow registration, but just not to have the link showing on the public pages. This way, when I do want someone to register, I just send them a link. Maybe there is some sort of hack that can fix this, but I'm no good at coding without specific instructions.
Thanks, though.
Doug

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
I think I understand the problem and I think I have a solution. This is more a Community Builder issue than it is a Kunena issue; it would be better if this topic was moved to the Community Builder category, however I do not think the forum moderators will do that for us.

If I understand you correctly, you want your users to be able to login to your website on the same page as where they see your Kunena forum. Is that right?

Unfortunately, if you use the standard Kunena login form for your users to login, the appearance of the registration link is—as 810 implied—controlled by the Joomla User Management options . Therefore, in your case, you have to choose between using the Kunena login form or using the CB Login module.

I am not sure what your Kunena configuration settings are (because I have not seen your configuration report ), but I suggest you modify the forum integration plugin settings as shown in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Enabled: access=0 login=0 activity=0 avatar=1 profile=1 private=0
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Disabled
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Enabled: Disabled
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #5 by dbeezley
No, I don't think I'm making myself clear. Mainly, I do NOT want users to "Create Account" from the Kuena link. It would be fine if there was no logon place on Kuena at all. Since Kuena takes it's login from Joomla (or CB), I have no use for anyone logging on from Kuena. And I definitely don't want them to "Create Account from Kuena. I don't want any changes in Joomla or Community Builder... ONLY to remove Create Account from Kuena.
Doug
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by dbeezley.

More
8 years 4 months ago #6 by sozzled

dbeezley wrote: Mainly, I do NOT want users to "Create Account" from the Kuena link. It would be fine if there was no logon place on Kuena at all.

This is what I was trying to explain. Yes, I agree with you. I think the best solution in your case is to disable (remove) the "Kunena login form" from your forum and let users use the CB Login module instead.

I am guessing (because you have not posted your configuration report ) that you should use the forum integration settings as I showed you in my earlier reply. Did you make those changes?

More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by dbeezley
Yes. That is exactly what I want. To remove "Create Account" from Kuena. Here is my config report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 200M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : js_unlimited | author: Joomlashack | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: July 2014

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.7 | creationdate: 2015-11-16

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.7 | 2015-11-16 [ Albareto ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.0.12 | UddeIM 3.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.1.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.1.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.1.1.1 | Kunena Stats 3.1.1 | Kunena Login 3.1.1 | Kunena Search 3.1.1

More
8 years 4 months ago #8 by dbeezley
BTW... you will notice I have Kuena-UddeIM disabled. That is because it seemed produce some undesirable results in CB. I read on a Bulletin Board that disabling UddeIM on Kuena would fix the CB problem. It did, so I figured I'd leave it off.

More
8 years 4 months ago #9 by 810
backend - kunena - template manager - select "blue eagle" - click edit css - select custom.css - click edit css

Add:
Code:
#Kunena .kprofilebox-register {display: none !important;}

More
8 years 4 months ago #10 by dbeezley
Seems like we are on the right track but it didn't work. See attached edit (followed by "Save and Close". No change: www.beasleygenealogy.net/index.php/forum-disc
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds