Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Default time period when pressing recent and latest posts, where can I change it?

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by nov33
With the latest update it seems to be set at 'since last visit' automatically with each new visit, which I suppose is ok in some ways but id prefer for the site i admin to set it longer, as users sometimes read last posts and want to come back to them during a later visit to respond, and they then have to toggle the dropdown to get them to show the second time around.

Could anyone point me to the file that can change this - ive read some topics after doing a search but they seem to apply to older versions and the file location has changed.

I see theres an option to change this in configuration 'Recent Topics Time Period' but changing that seems to not change the frontend no matter where i set that.

regards.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by nov33.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by 810
Defult setting = menu -> kunenamenu -> recent topics -> "Recent Topics Time

"

Or users can change it for themselves, on the edit profile -> forum settings
The following user(s) said Thank You: nov33

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #3 by nov33
Hi,

I didnt realise these options would be in the joomla menu, so i just did this in the backend as you said, Menu > Kunenamenu

Set recent to ALL and latest posts to ALL ... save and close.

When I navigate to the forum it still shows 'since last visit' as default... and even if i toggle it to ALL (or any the rest of them) , if i close the browser, then open it again, go to the forum, its still 'since last visit' .. and thats with remember me enabled ie im not logging out and in again, it remembers me.

Tried it with browser cache cleared also, logging out, clear cache/cookies, log back in... same.

Then Ive tried to change it under edit profile as well but something is wrong when i change it from default, i get this error come up in the notification box above the forum

Unknown column 'canSubscribe' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `(mydbname)_kunena_users` SET `view`='',`signature .... (etc etc)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by nov33.

More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by 810
Ok, then the migration doesn't got all the sql updates.

Easiest way is go to your database:
*_kunena_version

Remove all except 1, then change the version name to 3.0.8

Then install kunena again, by package or by the webinstaller.

Other way is todo the database changes manually:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/deve...all.upgrade.xml#L583
The following user(s) said Thank You: nov33

More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by nov33

810 wrote: Ok, then the migration doesn't got all the sql updates.

Easiest way is go to your database:
*_kunena_version

Remove all except 1, then change the version name to 3.0.8

Then install kunena again, by package or by the webinstaller.

Thankyou very much this did the job. :)

I will let the users know about the new feature so they can set it how they like. B)

More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by nov33
Just one more thing...

Since i reinstalled kunena, it has seemed to change how 'recent posts' functions.

Im talking about recent posts, not recent topics, to be clear.

Previously, when a user would click on recent posts, it would list all the individual posts made by ALL users.

Now, it only lists the individual posts made by the user themselves who clicked on the recent posts menu item. It has become like a list of their own most recent posts, not the entire forums posts.

So thats changed and i cant see a way to get it back to how it was.

regards.

More
8 years 5 months ago #7 by nov33
Ive spotted a difference in the 'Link' part of the Joomla kunenamenu, from old version of kunena to new.

My old site (which i still have uploaded to a seperate cpanel and is functioning) will show this when i select MENU ITEM TYPE > Recent posts | Select View > Recent posts

/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topics&layout=posts&mode=recent&userid=

The updated site with the latest version of kunena removes the last part of that url when i do the exact same thing

/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topics&layout=posts&mode=recent

So by default, the &userid= is not there anymore, which changes how the menu item behaves, despite the settings being exactly as before, so i just wanted to point this out.

I can use menu item alias for now to make it function how it used to for the members.

regards.

More
8 years 5 months ago #8 by nov33
OK, so i just realised joomla 3 has an extra setting in the kunena menu item for Recent Posts.

It has a UserId field, my old (j2.5 and older kunena) did not have this.

I simply typed 'all' in there and the menu item works just as before, it shows all recent posts from every user.

regards.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds