Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved K 3.0.5 : How to change the name of the writer of a topic

More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by phiphi22
Hi all,

Everything is in the title, I would like to know if it's possible to change the name of the writer of a topic and how to. Even if I need to go into the database (which table, column, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

Philippe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
The information is stored in the database (in the table _kunena_messages)

To change the name of the "writer of a topic", locate the record that corresponds to the first post in the topic and change the userid field (and, optionally, the name field) to what you need.

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by WolfgangOWL
update xxx_kunena_messages set name = 'newname' where name = 'oldname'

update xxx_kunena_topics set first_post_guest_name = 'newname' where first_post_guest_name = 'oldname'

update xxx_kunena_topics set last_post_guest_name = 'newname' where last_post_guest_name = 'oldname'

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by sozzled

WolfgangOWL wrote:

Code:
update xxx_kunena_messages set name = 'newname' where name = 'oldname' update xxx_kunena_topics set first_post_guest_name = 'newname' where first_post_guest_name = 'oldname' update xxx_kunena_topics set last_post_guest_name = 'newname' where last_post_guest_name = 'oldname'

I would be very careful about using this technique. This will change all topics created by someone with a new name. The last thing we want is to destroy the data .

More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by phiphi22
Thank you very much sozzled and WolfgangOWL for your answer.

It works very well : changing one post with sozzled method.
I keep the method of WolfgangOWL for massive change.

Philippe

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds