Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Admin access to backend

More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by Mekanic
Here is the question and or issue I have. Searching through the forums I have found very vague or different issues to our problem.

I have a site that is running Joomla 2.5.28 (due to the customer not wanting to leave host, host wont update PHP) and running Kunena 4.0.5

I have set up a user that can log into the admin section back end of Joomla, and can not see any of the settings in the dashboard. What we are trying to do is just have this user see the Kunena admin button or module in this section only. Like I mentioned, this user is set up to login to admin, and has NO settings to see already, I just need to get the Kunena module visible and usable.

Looking at the documentation and searches I have done, it seems that if I had gone into the Kunena settings and changed the permissions to the group I have that user set to and it should show up. Problem is that there are no permissions to see and change (so says me). Only settings for permission I can find deal with the use of the forums itself. They are all set to Public and changing those restricts access from public view. What I need is the admin plugin settings visible to that one user who cant see all the other setting for Joomla.

Am I Missing something? Pictures are below of the Kunena admin and what I am seeing.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Admin access to backend
when you are on the dashboard of kunena. select option. top right.

Select the usergroup.

Allow Configure ACL & Options and Access Administration Interface
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mekanic

More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by Mekanic
Replied by Mekanic on topic Admin access to backend
Thank you Thank you.

I now feel a little embarrassed about this. Didn't even think of that button on the top right.

That did it. Thank you very much!

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds