Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Blue Eagle CSS question: Which bit of the CSS code to change?

More
10 years 2 months ago #1 by iceferret
Hi everone, :) this may be a silly question with a simple answer, I may even be asking it in the wrong section however.
Changing a few parameters in the blueeagle template fits our needs . The one bit I need to sort is the 'topics in category' header, currently .kheader <h3>. But the text is in black rather than white.
There's rather a lot of css files to go through so i wondered if anyone knows which bit of the css code to change?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 16M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : RSFtemplate_v1 | author: TemplateToaster | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-12-22

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.4 | 2013-12-22 [ Ukko ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, iceferret, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for a very good question!

The general answer to your question ("Which bit of CSS code to change?") is answered, in broad, general terms, in msg #3 of the topic What CSS file should I change ... ?

In broad, general terms, you should not try to change the CSS files that are supplied with Kunena but, instead, add your own custom overrides to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file. Therefore, if you want to apply a custom rule to the CSS class .kheader, you add that rule to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file.

Does this information adequately address your question?

More
10 years 2 months ago #3 by iceferret
G'day yerself. :) I drilled down with firebug earlier and it seems the .kheader is inheriting the style from the template css so I will try your solution. I'm quite new to Joomla so thanks for the help, enjoying the learning curve though.
I may be back if I get a bit stuck..... ;)

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled

iceferret wrote: ... it seems the .kheader is inheriting the style from the template css so I will try your solution.

That's about the size of it.

If you want to add some custom rule for .kheader, you need to edit one of your Joomla site template CSS files (for example, ../templates/rsftemplate_v1/css/template.css) and add (to the end of that file) something like:
Code:
#Kunena div.kheader { // this is where you add your own custom CSS rule }
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 2 months ago #5 by iceferret
Cheers mate. There's an <h3> tag in there as well, that's the beggar that's causing it. Added #FFFFFF in firebug, worked perfectly, now to do it in real life.

More
10 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled

More
10 years 2 months ago #7 by iceferret
Cracked it! :woohoo: Thanks for the help.

More
10 years 1 month ago #8 by FrankCanfield
Yeah! I have done it. Thanks for the best solutions, best service providers.

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds