Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Change colour / add custom image to New Topic indicator

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by originalhandy
When a user makes a new post I see the (1 New) beside the category. Apparently this isnt visible enough for some of my users. Is there a way I can change the colour or even better replace the (1 New) with a gif that I would like to use.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : wtatest2013 | author: ComputerSolutions.US | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : SD-Aphotic 2.0 | author: SnilloC Designs | version: 2.0 | creationdate: 2012-06-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1 | Kunena Search 3.0.1

The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by rich
Please try the following. Add at the end of your Joomla! template.css this code (change only the desired size and color):
Code:
#Kunena .knewchar { color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 0.75em !important; }
The following user(s) said Thank You: originalhandy
More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by originalhandy
Sweet thanks, ill give that bash. I presume its easy to add a gif in there to if they say its too hard to read ?
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #4 by rich
Code:
#Kunena .knewchar { color: transparent; /* (or color for the text "New" over the image) */ background-image: url("the path to your image"); font-size: 0.75em !important; }

That should work
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by rich.
More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by originalhandy

rich wrote:

Code:
#Kunena .knewchar { color: transparent; /* (or color for the text "New" over the image) */ background-image: url("the path to your image"); font-size: 0.75em !important; }

That should work

When I use this I see the word NEW and over each letter the siren I want to show appears.
So I have the letter N with clanwta.com/images/sirenthing.gif over it and E has clanwta.com/images/sirenthing.gif over it and W with clanwta.com/images/sirenthing.gif over it. Not sure if that makes sense.
More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by originalhandy
ACtually on the gif it shows 1 with a siren and NE with a siren and W with a siren

Would it be possible to do 1 New and a siren beside it ?
More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #7 by rich

Would it be possible to do 1 New and a siren beside it ?

I don't know.
Use a gif such as with only 2 colors and you have flashing news.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by rich. Reason: Post corrected
More
10 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled

originalhandy wrote: Would it be possible to do 1 New and a siren beside it ?

It should be possible to do this with CSS with some kind of :after pseudo class and the appropriate content rule.

For example, something like

#Kunena .knewchar:after {
content: siren-image-thing
}

It should not take you too long to find the answer with bit of searching and experimentation.
More
10 years 3 months ago #9 by originalhandy
Cool sozz ill give it a bash!

Sorry I didn't check back earlier, life got in the way. As always appreciate the support and tips here.
More
10 years 3 months ago #10 by 9themestore
Hi originalhandy,

This is my solution for you:
Code:
body #Kunena .knewchar { background: url("the path to your image") no-repeat top left; display: inline-block; overflow: hidden; text-indent: -999em; /* Hide the text */ width: ??px; /* Width of your image */ height: ??px; /* Height of your image */ }

If it don't work you can PM for me to get an other solution.

Best regards,

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
Time to create page: 0.450 seconds