Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Reduce Whitespace on Kunena 3.0.2 Forum

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by tomkelley331
Hi Everyone!

I've looked everywhere but I can not find an answer for my issue. I'm working on a forum using Blue Eagle Template using Kunena 3.0.2 . The problem I am facing is that posts that are short (1-2 sentences) seem to have a lot of white space underneath them. Here is my example:

forum.dancinggratitude.com/index.php/daily-grats/49-gratitude

The first post by Ann has so much whitespace between her comment and the bottom of the post. Is there anyway to resize this box when there are short posts so there is less whitespace? Can I center her comment into the box if there isn't a way to resize the entire box? I know I can shrink the avatar but that doesn't make much of a difference.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Tom, and welcome to the community.

It is reasonable for you to expect a lot of extra whitespace because of the what is displayed in the user profile area (the area to the left of messages posted on your forum).

One thing you can do is close up the space in the user profile area by adding the following CSS rule to the end of your Joomla site template CSS file (in your case ../templates/atomic/css/template.css)
Code:
#Kunena ul.kpost-profile { line-height: 1em; }

Another thing you might consider is to remove the "karma" feature (which will save one line) by changing the configuration settings

Forum Configuration » Users » User Related » Show Karma Indicator = No

The third thing you can do is to consider repositioning the user profile area above the posts by changing the template settings (Kunena Template Manager):

Blue Eagle » Parameters » Profile Position = Top

For your information, K 3.0.2 is out-of-date and not supported. We suggest that you upgrade to K 3.0.3 and consider future questions in the context of using the Blue Eagle template updated for that version. It also helps if you utilise the configuration report feature to give us more information about how you have set up your forum.

Those are four suggestions for you. I hope they help
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomkelley331

More
10 years 3 months ago #3 by tomkelley331
Thanks for the tips. I will try these soon!

More
10 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
In my previous reply I mentioned that K 3.0.2 was out of date and I suggested you try instead K 3.0.3. K 3.0.3 has now been superseded by K 3.0.4.

We will assume that, based on the information we have given you, this topic can now be marked as resolved.

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds