Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved How do I resize columns on Index page

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by fribse
My forum index page sort of wastes a of space for me,

As you can see the forum title space is too big, and the 'latest post' space is too small.
I tried tinkering around with firebug, but I can't figure out where the sizes are set...
Can somebody enlighten me?

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
As a suggestion: look at the results of the search of this forum that I have done for you >>> here <<<

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by fribse
Hi Sozzled
Hmm, that link seemed to be for Kunena 1, and the template seemed not to have much in common, but at least it made me search with firebug a different way, instead of focusing on the first column, I looked at the last column, and that gave me the right CSS, and I've fixed it.

Best regards
Fribse

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
I'm pleased to hear that you fixed your problem. It would be nice to share what you did in order to help someone else who may not be as skilled in the use of Firebug as you. The reason that I posted my response in the manner that I did was because it is often impossible to answer these kinds of questions precisely - even though you gave us a screenshot to illustrate the problem - without seeing the Kunena configuration report.

I have stopped asking people for their configuration report. If people don't post their configuration report (without us continually nagging them for it) most of the time we're unable to help. If we can't help then this makes everyone unhappy. The only other alternative is for me to search the forum for similar topics to see what happened last time; that's what I did here. Our role, in moderating this forum is not necessarily to answer every question that people ask but, rather, to help by pointing them to where they will find the answers for themselves ;) ... and that is what happened in this case :)

Cheers
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #5 by fribse
And help I got, no problem there, I was focusing on resizing the first column, and with your post I was directed to looking at the last ;-)
The CSS that did it for me in the Blue Eagle template was this:
#Kunena td.kcol-kcatlastpost {width: 40%;}

Best regards
Fribse

The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by cerberos
Hello, is there a way to lower the width of the category listing and increase the width of the latest post in each of them, so i can have larger space there? Ty in advance :)
Attachments:

More
10 years 4 months ago #7 by cerberos
Np, have found a similar thread. I will reply there if found any probs

More
10 years 4 months ago #8 by cerberos
Is it possible, to tell, in what file, i will find this code? I am not so familiar with firebug

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #9 by 9themestore
Hi,

You can add the following CSS code section to template.css file and change width of theme:

Width of the category name:
Code:
#Kunena table.kblocktable td.kcol-kcattitle { width: xxx%; }

Width of the latest post:
Code:
#Kunena table.kblocktable td.kcol-kcatlastpost { width: xxx%; }

Regards,

- Please provide your site url if it has been lived.
- Please share tip if it worked fine with you.
- Don't be shy about using the "Thanks" button below if you found my comment helpful :)
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Correct minor spelling errors
The following user(s) said Thank You: cerberos

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds