Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena Buttons are out of whack!!!!

More
10 years 9 months ago #1 by Evangeline93
Hello!

I am using Kunena 3 on Joomla 3. (funny how all these 3's have been floating around, huh???)

My quote and quick reply buttons are not lying correctly. You can see in my screenshots, that it does not matter what the width is of the screen, the buttons are just messed up.

How can I fix this??????????

Thank you!

Jennifer
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
The issue is caused by your Joomla site template - my guess is that it's a Rockettheme template because I have seen this issue discussed a dozen times before on this forum and the issue was caused by a Rockettheme template. Because you did decided not to offer us your Kunena configuration report (and we won't ask you to do that) my advice to you is to read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena .

Shouldn't take you too long to figure out a solution if you use Firebug
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evangeline93

More
10 years 9 months ago #3 by Evangeline93
Thank you! How do I give the Kunena config report? Not sure how. I will look it up and see if it something I should do.

I created the template based on a bootstrap html template my client purchased.

You can see it here: socialmomcafe.com

It is a pretty overwhelming project, so it is possible I missed something stupid. :-)

Thank you!

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

Evangeline93 wrote: How do I give the Kunena config report?

Thank you for that good question. I answered a similar question a couple of hours ago. :)

The information at the top of this page talks about the configuration report (and includes a helpful link to how to get it); information about how to produce the configuration report is also the very first piece of information you will read if you click the Before you post your question, read this first menu item located near the top of the page.

As I wrote in My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena.t it is not the responsibility of the team to fix all the difficulties that are caused by the hundreds of Joomla template designers and developers who have build products (some are free and some are things that people buy to use) and this forum is not a "we-fix-up-other-Joomla-developers-mistakes-for-free" service either. If you purchased a template from a reputable Joomla template developer then that is the place you should start first.

Sometimes these things are easy to fix and sometimes they are not; it all depends on what the people who designed your Joomla template did when they built it. However, if you know a few things about CSS and if you are familiar with web design tools that are built into your browser - and Firebug is a good example of one of those tools - then fixing this problem is usually a matter of a couple of well-targeted mouse-clicks and applying a bit of know-how.

As we put more emphasis on this forum being a self-help resource, where people can come to find general information about problems that they may be having, our task in moderating the forum is to point people to where they can find the answers. Obviously, dedicated and sustained one-on-one service is not part of that task.

However, when people have specific problems - problems that may be the consequence of using a one-in-a-million Joomla template that does not co-operate nicely with Kunena - and screenshots do help to illustrate these problems, sometimes we can do little unless we see the issue first-hand as a person who uses your website sees these things.

Obviously, if forum buttons or other HTML elements are misaligned and if you need to login to the site to see these things at first hand, without having knowledge of your site, the URL of your forum (these things are contained in your config. report) and an account at your site with which to view those things, there's not a lot more that we can do. I hope this information helps you to better understand the situation.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evangeline93

More
10 years 9 months ago #5 by Evangeline93
Oops, I gave the wrong url...

socialmomcafe.com/forum

Thank you for the response. I will need a minute to read through it. I have some hectic things going on at this second! :-)

Thanks!

Jennifer

More
10 years 9 months ago #6 by Evangeline93
Oh, I see now. I am sorry. I need sleep. :-)

More
10 years 9 months ago #7 by Evangeline93
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Social Mom Cafe - deS | author: Jennifer de Spain | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.0 | creationdate: 2013-05-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.0 | 2013-05-15 [ Wanga ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.8.4.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.0.0 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.0

Modules: None

More
10 years 9 months ago #8 by Evangeline93
Got it. Thank you. I found this tutorial:

snillocdesigns.com/2-templates/62-kunena-qquoteq-button

Thank you!

Jennifer

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds