Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Upgrade to 3 from 2. "Unable to find install package" error messages

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by Stafford
Joomla 2.5.9
Kunena 2.0.4

On the above installation I am trying to run the update. Following directions in the " K 3.0 Upgrade Guide " I've tried multiple methods to update.
Method 1
  1. Remove v2 Kunena plugin and modules
  2. Go to Download Page
  3. Right click on the "Download Kunena" button and copy the link location
  4. The link location copied is github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/...3.0.7_2015-02-01.zip
  5. On the Joomla Extension Manager: Install page I paste " github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/releases/...3.0.7_2015-02-01.zip " (without quotes)into the "install URL field" and hit the Install button
  6. I receive the "Unable to find install package" error

I then try method 2.
Method 2
  1. Go to Download Page
  2. Click on the "Download Kunena" button and download the file pkg_kunena_v3.0.7_2015-02-01.zip
  3. On the Joomla Extension Manager: Install page Under the Upload Package heading I browse for the pkg_kunena_v3.0.7_2015-02-01.zip file and hit the Upload & Install button
  4. I receive the "Unable to find install package" error

Both methods return the same error after following the directions posted in the K_3.0_Upgrade_Guide so I'm a little unsure of how to proceed next and am open to suggestions.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
First update to Joomla 2.5.28

Then use method 2

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by Stafford
Thank you. Joomla update was completed. Attempted to update Kunena via method 2 and continue to receive the sam "Unable to find install package" error message.

Turned off enable FTP and attempted method 2 again.

At first it appeared to work,I received the "Installing package was successful" message but then received a popup alert

Kunena Installation Failed!
Sorry, installation failed with following error:

Fatal error: Class 'KunenaFactory' not found in /home/cpeasyapache/liwood/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/model.php on line 699

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by 810
ok, uninstall kunena, and then install the lasted version

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds