Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Upgraded to Kunena 3.0.5, post/reply no longer working.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #1 by renekunena
I just upgraded to Kunena 3.0.5 but for some reason I am unable to post or reply anymore. I don't see any errors messages and I'm having a hard time to figure out what the problem is. There's also a lot of white space between the tabs and the topics. No idea what is going on. Here is the forum:

GNS3Vault Forum

In the attachment is my config. If you can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_revista | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.1.1

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.3.0.1671

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3 | JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 | JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by rich. Reason: Configuration report correctly inserted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Rene, and welcome to the forum.

renekunena wrote: I just upgraded to Kunena 3.0.5 but for some reason I am unable to post or reply anymore.

(1) Possibly the reason is that you are using some kind of CSS/Javascript code aggregator that you have not told us about?

(2) Possibly the reason involves sh404SEF?

(3) Possibly the reason involves your forum integration plugin settings? I would suggest you change them to the values in red below:

Kunena - AlphaUserPoints Disabled
Kunena - Community Builder Disabled
Kunena - Gravatar Disabled
Kunena - JomSocial Enabled: access=0 login=1 activity=1 avatar=1 profile=1 private=1 activity_points_limit=0 activity_stream_limit=0
Kunena - Joomla Enabled: access=1 login=0
Kunena - Kunena Enabled: avatar=0 profile=0
Kunena - UddeIM Disabled

(4) Possibly the reason involves using three plugins that do not work with K 3.0.5 that you should uninstall immediately?

1. JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Menu 2.0.3
  2. JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3
  3. JomSocial - Kunena Groups 2.0.3

(5) Possibly the reason is caused by some changes you made to the forum category permissions

(6) You did not tell us what you were using before you upgraded to K 3.0.5. Were you, perhaps, using Kunena on J! 1.5, for example?

renekunena wrote: There's also a lot of white space between the tabs and the topics

This has nothing to do with the original problem (but it is an easy thing to fix). This problem is caused by the "scrolling share bar" (which, in your case does not scroll) module that you have installed. I can help you fix that problem, if you would like, but this is a separate subject.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 days ago - 10 years 6 days ago #3 by renekunena
Hello Sozzled,

Thank you for your input, I appreciate this a lot!

I tried a couple of things today:

1) I'm using Jbetolo but even if I disable it I am still facing the same issues.

2) SH404SEF is configured to use the "joomla router" for kunena. It was like this already.

3) I changed these values but it didn't make a difference so far.

4) I removed these (they were disabled already).

5) The permissions haven't changed, just checked to be sure but they are still the same.

6) The site is running on Joomla 2.5.19 and I upgraded from Kunena 3.X.X (not sure which sub-version). I also had to update Jomsocial so perhaps that has to do with it.

I removed the floating share button plugin and used another one so the white space is gone. Thanks for pointing that out. Just to be sure I also updated all the components/modules/plugins that I have on the site. The new configuration file has been included.

Anything else I can check to fix this problem? Thanks again for your time and help!

Rene

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : yoo_revista | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.4 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 3.1.1

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.3.0.1671

Plugins: JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 6 days ago by renekunena. Reason: Added configuration file.

More
10 years 6 days ago #4 by sozzled
(1) As a test, I installed jbetolo on a test site. I experimented with it for a few minutes; as long as you do not allow merging of Javascript, I could not see it having an impact on Kunena - keep in mind, my experimentation was only for 5 minutes! I would, however, be a little suspicious of a product last updated on the JED nearly 12 months ago and, according to the developer's site blog, still in beta testing.

(2) Please read To what extent does sh404SEF support Kunena?

(4) Your configuration report shows that you still have JomSocial - My Kunena Forum Posts 2.0.3 installed.

(5) Do you have a test account for your website? You can post your test account information here using the following BBcode :
Code:
[confidential]Username: Password:[/confidential]

It may also help to enable Kunena debug mode to identify the source of why you and your users are unable to create new topics or reply to existing topics on your website.

(6) I would imagine that, if you have made no other changes to your website since you began using K 3.0 on it, you would probably have had the same problems then as you have now. I suspect that the reason you are unable to create new topics or reply to existing topics is not related to the recent upgrade from K 3.0.something-or-other to K 3.0.5.

----

In relation to the off-topic matter that you referred to (about the floating share button module) if you don't need it then you don't need it. I found a cure for that issue - you can contact me by email (my address is on the team page) if you want to know more. ;)

----

You asked about "anything else": that's a very broad question. Based only on the facts you presented in your first message to this topic, the only thing that has changed on your website - from the time when your forum was workung until the time that your forum stopped working - was the upgrade from K 3.0.something-or-other to K 3.0.5.

If this is the only thing that changed, it would make sense, would it not, to revert back to the way your website was operating at the time when you took your last site backup (a few minutes before you ran the upgrade procedure that installed K 3.0.5), assuming, of course, that you took the necessary precaution to backup your site immediately before you installed K 3.0.5.

I do not know what process you used to upgrade to K 3.0.5; I do not know whether that process was 100% successful (or not). Perhaps some of the suggestions that I have made today will make a difference.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds