Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Minimum required version is PHP 5.3.1, but it is highly recommended to use PHP 5.4.14 or later

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by cmserene
I have tried multiple times to install Kunena 3.x and each time I'm getting the following errors (see also attached jpg):

PHP 5.2.17 is not supported. Minimum required version is PHP 5.3.1, but it is higly recommended to use PHP 5.4.14 or later.

Package Install: Custom install routine failure

Error installing package

Here are my specs:

Apache version 2.2.26
PHP version 5.4.24
MySQL version 5.5.36-log
Architecture x86_64
Operating system linux
Joomla version 2.5.19
3rd party K2 template

I do not understand why I would be getting the first error regarding my PHP version when I obviously have the required version already :dry:

Do I possibly need to unzip the downloaded file first, and if so, which file do I then upload through the Joomla installer?

Can someone please help me? :blush:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, cmserene, and welcome to the forum.

Your problem is similar, in some ways, to the problems mentioned in the topic Minimum required version is MySQL 5.1, but it is highly recommended to use MySQL 5.5 or later .

I searched the forum to find other cases where people had problems installing K 3.0.5 on PHP 5.4.24 but I did not have any luck finding such cases. It is unfortunate that I do not understand why, when you claim you have the required minimum version of PHP, you are getting the error message.

Unzipping the installation package is not advisable. The preferred method of installing K 3.0 is described in K 3.0 Installation Guide . Is that the method you used?

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by cmserene
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I used the method explained on the installation guide link as well as downloading the file and uploading the package file.

Yes, it is unfortunate you don't know why this is happening :( I pulled the specs right from my hosts c-panel. I really would like to try this extension. I will look into things further on my end.

Thank you!

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

cmserene wrote: I pulled the specs right from my hosts c-panel.

Hmmm ...

Go to System » System Information in your Joomla site backend; compare the information there.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #5 by cmserene
GOT IT!! My Joomla site had not yet been upgraded to the latest PHP version from my host. Sorry, I'm still learning B)

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds