Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Joomla 2.5.27 and Kunena 3.0.6 |Installation Error

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #1 by nroskam
Hello,

I am not sure if I am the first one to post aboutthis, but installing Kunena 3.0.6 on a Joomla 2.5.27 site did not work.

I received errors from the installer:
Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in /home/klant/domains/websitenaam.nl/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php on line 147

After that the Joomla noted that installation was succesful, but the Kunena component was not available in the menu. In the extension manager the several plugins were installed though.

On the other hand, I tried to install Joomla 2.5.27 on a 2.5.27 website with a working Kunena forum, and the installer gave me even more errors, althoug installation on a 2.5.27 site without Kunena worked fine.

I hope the team of Kunena will find a solution soon and come with an update.

Kind regards,
N.Roskam
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
its a conflict with an older version.

You can uninstall kunena and install again. Then it should work. (ps your data won't be deleted when you uninstall kunena)

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by nroskam
Hello all,

Even after a reinstall it didn't work.
But .. after cleaning the cache, a checkin and a repair of the database (extension manager, database) and even a fix and repair with Admin Tools, I managed to install it correctly. Not sure which one did the trick, but it worked.

Same story for the website with Joomla 2.5.25 and Kunena working, same procedures and the update to 2.5.27 went smoothly.

Never had to delete cache and do a checkin for an update, but this tiem it seemed to be necessary...

Ticket closed.

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds