Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Fatal error trying to install K 3.0.5 (J! 2.5.20)

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #1 by anenuk
Hi everyone,

I am using J!2.5.20. I wanted to install Kunena 3.0.5, but if I try I get a fatal error right after the installation process is initiated.

I manually removed all the bits and pieces via "Extension Manager" => "Manage" and also removed all the Kunena entries in the database.

I also tried version 3.0.4, and 3.0.0. but the result is the same everytime.

I then tried to install version 1.7 (which I still had on my HD). The installer detected an unfinished or briken installation, gave me the option to remove old files and then installed nicely.

However, I really would prefer to have the latest version of Kunena.

Here is my configuration report:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : mornigdew | author: Benjamin Dobrunz | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 03 Oktober 2013

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Any help is greatly apreciated

anenuk
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by anenuk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled

anenuk wrote: I am using J!2.5.20. I wanted to install Kunena 3.0.5, but if I try I get a fatal error right after the installation process is initiated.

Do you have any details about this "fatal error"?

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by anenuk
Sadly no.

That is what makes it so difficult. All I get is a status bar that says 0% and a fatal error has ocured :-(

I'm not home right now, but I can upload a screenshot later.

Anenuk

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by anenuk
Ok, here it is:

unfortunately the error message is in German, but it simply says: Installation failed with fatal error.

Below that it says: Prepare installation ...ok

Anenuk
Attachments:

More
9 years 11 months ago #5 by rich
This message looks familiar to me. Do you have old tables with prefix_fb_xxx in your database?

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by anenuk
No, there arn't any tables like that.

I got rid of all tables that had 'kunena' in the name as well.

Thanks anyway

Anenuk

More
9 years 11 months ago #7 by rich
I mean these tables.

*_fb_announcement, *_fb_attachments, *_fb_categories, *_fb_config, *_fb_config_backup, *_fb_favorites, *_fb_groups, *_fb_messages, *_fb_messages_text, *_fb_moderation, *_fb_ranks, *_fb_sessions, *_fb_smileys, *_fb_subscriptions, *_fb_users, *_fb_version, *_fb_whoisonline;

More
9 years 11 months ago #8 by anenuk
I don't have any of these tables.
no fb_xyz

Do I need mootools to run kunena, because for some reason I don't seem to have that on my J!2.5 installation.

I tried to google it, but couldn't find how to install them as a separate package (as far as I know that should already be in the core, but in my case it is simply not there.)

Anenuk

More
9 years 11 months ago #9 by rich

Do I need mootools to run kunena, because for some reason I don't seem to have that on my J!2.5 installation.

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Ignore this message in your configuration report. These informations were for Joomla 1.5. Kunena 1.7 will not run correctly with Joomla 2.5.20 (I've tested it).

Try the following:
* Create a complete backup of your website
* Uninstall Kunnena and check whether all menu items are removed
* Remove all *_kunena_yxz tables
* Check in "administrator/components" and "components" whether the com_kunena folders are removed
* Download the Joomla 2.5.20 Installation package and install it again via Joomla Installer
* Go to "Extensions > Extensions Manager > (Tab) Database" and check whether Database table structure is up to date.
* Download and install Kunena 2.0.4
* If it worked, install Kunena 3.0.5 via Joomla installer (not with the upgrade option!)
I hope that it will help.

More
9 years 11 months ago #10 by anenuk
Hey rich,

I followed your instructions and everything went well. Until I tried to install Kunena 3.0.5.

Seems that version 2.0.4 installs just fine, but I get the same error as in the screenshot above when I try to install 3.0.5.

When I installed the full J!2.5.20, I did get a few warnings, but also a success notification.

Anenuk
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds