Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Kunena dashboard missing; frontend OK

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by neujensl
when i get in backend to kunena I have the screen below .. HELP !

Since i can't get in admin i can't include a config of kunena
Front is working
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by 810
Please reinstall kunena again.

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by neujensl
How i can do this without loosing the data from the forum ?
I have to install the last full package again by the joomla installer ?

More
10 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled

neujensl wrote: How i can do this without loosing the data from the forum?

You will not lose any forum data if you use the method described in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide

neujensl wrote: I have to install the last full package again by the joomla installer?

Please use the K 3.0 Upgrade Guide to re-install K 3.0.3 and you should not have problems.

More
10 years 5 months ago #5 by neujensl
Thanks for the fast reply !
I'm just afraid to do a upgrade because i have something strange with rights on maps and files.
They have 755(maps) and 644 (files) as rights what joomla does recommend but still i see in the systeminfo of joomla that it reports as "not writable" .
I guess the reason for the missing admin is due to files that have not been replaced or written with a previous try to upgrade . And when the rights aren't solved before i try to do the upgrade to solve the issue of missing admin this could maeby make things worde .
Could this be due to a serversetting ?

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled

neujensl wrote: I'm just afraid to do a upgrade because i have something strange with rights on maps and files.

I'm sorry but what would you like us to do about this? We suggest that you read the K 3.0 Upgrade Guide ; make sure you have a site backup before you re-install.

neujensl wrote: [My site has folder permissions set to] 755 and 644 [on files] ... what joomla does recommend but still i see in the systeminfo of joomla that it reports as "not writable".

I suggest you read Securing Kunena first and make sure you follow the recommendations in the K 3.0.3 release notes

neujensl wrote: I guess the reason for the missing admin is due to files that have not been replaced or written with a previous try to upgrade

Probably. Possibly because you did not use the method described in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide ? Possibly there is a folder/file permission issue you are not aware of? I cannot say. But I can tell you that if you do not attempt to re-install K 3.0.3 using the method shown in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide you are stuck where you are now.

neujensl wrote: And when the rights aren't solved before i try to do the upgrade to solve the issue of missing admin this could maeby make things worde

I don't quite know how to give you an iron-clad 100% money-back guarantee about this. Only you know your site better than anyone else. I have installed and upgraded Kunena over 300 times and I have never had problems. Just as when you build a house or a tall building, builders do not have problems when they begin with a good solid foundation. The best foundation (when using Joomla) is to follow the recommended procedure that creates your Joomla site in the first place. Problems occur when you take short-cuts or try to "improve" the procedure. Generally, the "improvements" that people make only cause further problems later.

I hope this helps.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #7 by neujensl
Going dutch ;) I did put to be sure all permissions to 777 for the maps mentioned and the upgrade did work fine .
ANd aftert the upgrade i did ofcourse put them back to 755 and 644

Thanks for the quick and good support !

Just something I notice ..
The documentation kunena has titel :
Kunena 3.0.4 Read Me
The latest version to download is 3.0.3

More
10 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled

neujensl wrote: ... the upgrade did work fine ....

Just like we said it would. ;)

Case closed.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds