Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Is the Joomla automatic upgrade procedure safe to use for K 3.0.3?

More
10 years 6 months ago #1 by donkey12
Hi there,

From the back-end, Joomla Extension Manager Update has detected the new version of Kunena=3.0.3.
Kindly let me know if you would recommend using this tool to install the new version?
Or would it be better to download using the Install tab?

With thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Good question!

The recommended upgrade procedure is the procedure described in K 3.0 Upgrade Guide . I do not know if the automatic procedure works or not; I have not personally tested it. It would be a good test if someone tried it out.

Before trying out the automatic upgrade procedure, make a backup of your site in case you need to restore things back the way they were. It would be nice to know if someone can tell us if the automatic upgrade procedure works. I simply do not know, sorry. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: donkey12

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
The automated update procedure is the recommended way, but the updates comes a day or two after the actual release date. This is because of we want to be sure that most people can just click on the update and not to worry about it.

I've personally used a lot of time to make sure that the updates work as good as possible, but we cannot promise that they will work in all sites. Which is why we recommend backups.

Also last time I checked, the automatic Akeeba backup didn't support the Joomla! package type we are using, so you need to use the manual backup procedure.

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
*** Topic closed - assumed satisfactorily resolved - lack of follow-up, interest or input from the community ***

Time to create page: 0.611 seconds