Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Fatal Error: Call to a member function getFieldset() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/template/joomla30/templates/edit.php on line 70

More
10 years 6 months ago #1 by Namsul
Fresh install
I used quick install nootheme-noonews
then re-installed
then re-installed and over wrote with latest joomla v3

all instance killed the layout of admin(back end) of joomla

500 Internal Server Error

Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Call to a member function getFieldset() on a non-object in components/com_kunena/template/joomla30/templates/edit.php on line 70

The error was detected in the Kunena Component.

For support click here: Kunena Support

re-installing and won't be using current kunena. first issue in a few years with kunena
good luck with this bug/issue
don't see anyone else lately with this issue

regards
Namsul
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Are-you upgrading from a previous version ? If, yes which one ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by Namsul
no
it was a fresh install(quickstart) with latest kunena, NOT an upgrade.

same error AFTER over wrote quick start with lastest joomla version from joomla.org

error occurs after component install, finish install, open up kunena ADMIN, click on template, click on default template to edit then error occurs. kills layout of admin, all links run down left side

More
10 years 6 months ago #4 by xillibit
Can-you put your Kunena report configuration settings ?

More
10 years 5 months ago #5 by Namsul
I deleted the site then re-installed minus kunena forum

I had install forum in a different order 3 times with same error
joomla/jomsocial/kunena 1st time
joomla/jomsocial/kunena trouble shoot the error same install order
joomla/kunena error occured immediately

I'm sure noothemes won't mind me sending the quick install of the template I have so you can replicate if you like

no error report sorry
only screenshot of error

More
10 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled

Namsul wrote: I used quick install nootheme-noonews

I do not know what that is or what it does but it sounds to me like it doesn't work.

I'm sorry but I only know how to install things using the Joomla way. Perhaps you could tell us more about this "quick install" method. It does not sound too "quick" to me if it takes nearly a week to get your site working, does it?

More
10 years 5 months ago #7 by xillibit
Are-you trying to install it on your hosting service or on local machine ?

Try that, it should fix it, in administrator\components\com_kunena\template\joomla30\templates\edit.php replace :
Code:
<?php if (count($this->form->getFieldset())) : ?>

by
Code:
<?php if ( $this->form instanceof JFORM) : ?>

More
10 years 5 months ago #8 by Namsul

sozzled wrote:

Namsul wrote: I used quick install nootheme-noonews

I do not know what that is or what it does but it sounds to me like it doesn't work.

I'm sorry but I only know how to install things using the Joomla way. Perhaps you could tell us more about this "quick install" method. It does not sound too "quick" to me if it takes nearly a week to get your site working, does it?

sozzled, I'll assume english is not your first language and the fact your post is not helpful but sarcastic is accidental. A "quick install" is joomla 3 bundled with a template and content so as to replicate a demo of a paid template. You install this then substitute the content with your own. I hope this was helpful.

And if you read my post I said I re-installed the site 3 times so as to trouble shoot the issue so I could provide useful information for kunena developers to see if there is an issue and how to fix it

I sincerely hope that the other 19000+ posts in your profile were more helpful than the one you gave me.

More
10 years 5 months ago #9 by Namsul
I'll give this a try in a few days, currently on shift, will advise how it works

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #10 by Namsul
I'll give this a try in a few days, currently on shift, will advise how it works

xillibit wrote: Are-you trying to install it on your hosting service or on local machine ?

Try that, it should fix it, in administrator\components\com_kunena\template\joomla30\templates\edit.php replace :

Code:
<?php if (count($this->form->getFieldset())) : ?>

by
Code:
<?php if ( $this->form instanceof JFORM) : ?>

Are-you trying to install it on your hosting service or on local machine ?
this is on a hosting service
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Namsul.

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds