Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Solved Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in ../administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php on line 147

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by Wendeler
Hi,

I tried to install Kunena 3.0 RC. But during the installation I get always teh same arror message:

Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in /homepages/18/d27822984/htdocs/_Alsen/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php on line 147

I can see Kunena under the Components Menu, but if I click on it, I also get the error message.

What could it be?

I'm using Joomla 3.1.1.

Thanks
Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
Try installing stable version (downloads page). Sometimes PHP is a bit slow on catching up on changed files and also I've got similar errors to yours, which go away in 10-15 minutes with no changes made.

You can also try to uninstall all Kunena extensions (search for Kunena in manage tab) and try again. It usually fixes issues like this, for example if copying a file failed during installation (Joomla happily ignores failures like that).
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Matias.

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by Wendeler
I used the version from 2013-05-15, because all others are not for Joomla 3.

I also uninstalled Kunena twice and reinstalled it, but the error was always the same.

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by Matias
That release isn't RC, it's the stable version.

Please check that System - Kunena Forum plugin has been turned on in your system. It's required to get Kunena to work.

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by noppadon3
I got this error when try install kunena 3.0.2
this problem solved when I install kunena 2.0.4 and upgrade to 3.0.2

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #6 by NathanHawks
Unable to post the configuration tool. Installation on 2.5.16 refuses to go cleanly.

Joomla 2.5.16
Affected versions of Kunena:
- pkg_kunena_v3.0.1_2013-06-29.zip
- pkg_kunena_v3.0.3_2013-10-20.zip
- com_kunena_v2.0.4_2013-01-18.zip

Can't install; always faced with "Sorry, installation failed on fatal error!"
Installation Details say only "Prepare Installation ... OK"
Apache error_log says "PHP Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in (...)/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php

After each attempt I clicked Close and was told by com_installer that the installation was successful. So, I went to Extension Manager -> Manage, searched for Kunena, and saw what looked like a successful installation. I uninstalled all extensions by The Kunena Team due to the error and tried again with the newer version. Same results, so I uninstalled again.

After finding this thread, I attempted to install:
- com_kunena_v2.0.4_2013-01-18.zip

But I was told that I can't downgrade from 3.0.3. The uninstallation had not removed Kunena's versions table. I deleted the table and tried again.

This installation appeared successful, but Kunena did not put itself into my Components menu, and using its built-in upgrade tool resulted in a server error:
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'KPATH_ADMIN/liveupdate/liveupdate.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php on line 25, referer: administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena

So, I next tried upgrading via com_installer. I used the newest version (3.0.3 cited above) but was told:

Can't install; always faced with "Sorry, installation failed on fatal error!"
Installation Details: "Prepare Installation ... OK"
PHP Fatal error: Class 'KunenaFactory' not found in (...)/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/model.php on line 699, referer: https://(...)/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=install&tmpl=component

Edit: At this point, I had Kunena in my Components menu, but attempting to use any of its menu entries, leads to the installer, which keeps producing the same fatal in the previous paragraph.

Some other errors in case they help:

PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant KPATH_ADMIN - assumed 'KPATH_ADMIN'
administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 13, referer: administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=install&tmpl=component

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 281, referer: administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=install&tmpl=component

PHP Warning: require_once(KPATH_ADMIN/liveupdate/liveupdate.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php on line 25, referer: administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena

Perhaps api.php isn't being loaded?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by NathanHawks.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
This is an old topic and, I must admit, not something that I have encountered personally.

It's possible that there may be some "peculiar" folder permissions preventing certain files being copied to where they need to be copied and these, in turn, account for why the installation process cannot complete successfully in your case.

The conditions that prevailed when this topic began several months ago have now changed. K 3.0 RC was never supported and many of the problems in that version were fixed in the stable release(s) that followed. Even so, K 3.0.1 is also unsupported. The only supported version of Kunena (at this time) is K 3.0.3. It is not entirely true to say that you cannot downgrade from K 3.0 to K 2.0 because the internal data structures of K 3.0 are the same as K 2.0 but only if K 3.0 was successfully installed in the first place and only if you do not uninstall K 3.0 (see Downgrading to Kunena 2.0 is possible ); this exemption only applies to websites built on J! 2.5.

The K 3.0.3 release notes contain information about "writable folders". This information may be relevant in your case.

The recommended installation and upgrade procedures are in the Wiki.

I hope some of this helps.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #8 by NathanHawks
To be clear, this is an attempt to install Kunena, on a site which has never had it before.

After much troubleshooting and many manual uninstallations where tables and files were left behind by Kunena's install script, I was able to fix it with one line of code, and complete the installation of 3.0.3 on 2.5.16. Buuuuuuuuut... despite saying the installation finished and getting no errors in Apache's error_log, every time I hit the Kunena component in the Joomla admin, it repeats the install process. (This includes clicking Close, and then using the Components menu.)

All I did was add this line to schema.php at line 11:

require_once(__DIR__."/../api.php");

Apparently there is a file loading order issue which came into effect on my site for some reason?

Installation details now say:

Prepare Installation ... OK
Installing Kunena - Alphauserpoints plug-in ... OK
Installing Kunena - Community plug-in ... OK
Installing Kunena - Comprofiler plug-in ... OK
Installing Kunena - Gravatar plug-in ... OK
Installing Kunena - Uddeim plug-in ... OK
Installing Kunena - Kunena plug-in ... OK
Installing Kunena - Joomla plug-in ... OK
Installation completed successfully. ... OK

But hitting the admin component causes it to repeat the install process.

BUT!!! Then I added a menu item for the Kunena Homepage link to my front-end and cleared my site cache. And just on a freak whim, before even reloading my homepage, I went back into Administrator -> Components -> Kunena... and now it works?!?!

I can post messages in the front-end, so far zero errors on either end...

Now, before any of this was solved, I had repeatedly checked permissions and ownership on things. All files and folders for the entire site tree, were owned by the same user Apache runs as. I feel very confident that if it had been a mere issue of permissions or file ownership, I'd have had zero trouble, just like I have in past Kunena installs.

Here's the configuration report (with URL and mail config details removed, otherwise intact), now that things are working:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 6M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : atomic | author: Ron Severdia | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, foobla

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #9 by sozzled

NathanHawks wrote: BUT!!! ... just on a freak whim, before even reloading my homepage, I went back into Administrator -> Components -> Kunena... and now it works?!?!

I can post messages in the front-end, so far zero errors on either end.

And (touch wood) you won't have any errors, either.

An important point was made by Matias earlier in this topic:

Matias wrote: Try installing stable version (downloads page). Sometimes PHP is a bit slow on catching up on changed files and also I've got similar errors to yours, which go away in 10-15 minutes with no changes made.

This just goes to show that the problems you've encountered can happen to anyone.

The key phrase in the last message posted by Nathan is

and now it works

and I am going to assume this is not an open-ended question but a statement of fact. On this basis I am marking this topic as resolved and putting it into the archive for others to read, to learn from, and hopefully to help them, too.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NathanHawks

More
10 years 5 months ago #10 by Matias
Not much to say in here, I believe that the issues were caused by cached files, just like sozzled suspected. Unfortunately I've not found cure for that issue as cleaning all kinds of cache doesn't seem to work.

Kunena doesn't remove database or user files during uninstall. It also prevents older incompatible versions to be installed (prevents data corruption).
The following user(s) said Thank You: NathanHawks

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds