Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 3.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Avatar Issues

More
5 years 2 months ago #1 by joebuck22
Avatar Issues was created by joebuck22
No system Avatars are shown to choose from, however I am able to upload images. Image does not display in profile The images are saved in the correct folder. (See attachments)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : sports_nation | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: April 2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.8 | creationdate: 2018-12-30

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.8 | 2018-12-30 [ Janus ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #2 by joebuck22
Replied by joebuck22 on topic Avatar Issues
I figured out that the issue comes from an S5 Template javascript feature called "Lazyload" that doesn't play well with Kunena.
Do you have any suggestions to keep that feature from being inherited to Kunena?
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by joebuck22. Reason: delete name

More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Avatar Issues
When it's not possible to exclude Kunmena from Lazy Load you must contact the template author. Or you disable Lazy Load complete.

More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by joebuck22
Replied by joebuck22 on topic Avatar Issues
Thanks. Already taking those steps.

Thanks again!

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #5 by LTCreations
Replied by LTCreations on topic Avatar Issues
I've got a problem with Avatars and I'm purposely using a "default" Joomla template and installation (without content). I have no other software installed.
There is "no" tab for Avatar in the user profile on the frontend. There are only 3 tabs: User Account; Profile Information; Forum Settings.
I even added the 2 directories as per the Config instructions for Avatars, then uploaded an image for my Avatar.
Nothing I've done allows me to upload or edit an Avatar.
Is this going to mandate that I find and edit the file which is "supposed" to have the Avatar tab?

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 720 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.1.12.1 | creationdate: 2019-04-22

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.1.12.1 | 2019-04-22 [ Kerberos ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

==========
I've "almost" resolved this issue.
Simply "turn off Gravitar Integration" plugin within Kunena plugins.

That "fix" was suggested more than 6 years ago - which is how far back I had to search in order to find an answer. And my search was NOT in Kunena, but Bing.

It would seem to me that if Gravitar causes such problems (for so many years) and there are still no better instructions in the current version (5.1.12.1) to leave it disabled, why have it available at all?

It would be simple to state something like, "If you enabled Gravitar you must...." Followed by instructions.
"Otherwise, leave Gravitar disabled."
This is not an isolated issue. This is something that's gone on for years with Kunena.

Other than the Avatar issue, Kunena is GREAT software! IMHO.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by LTCreations. Reason: Update

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds