Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 3.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Error 500 on clicking "Preferences"

More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by eunger
Hi there,

We are getting an http "500" error message when one clicks on the "preference" link from the vertical status bar of one user (see screen capture attached).

I first thought it could be linked to our theme but our designer says such a problem cannot be linked to css issues.

In fact, the "preference" link points to the www.mywebsite.com/index.php/fr/forum/pro...lastname?avatartab=1 URL.
The former yields a 500 error message regardless whether it is accessed via the Kunena's vertical status bar, or by being directly inserted in a browser's address bar.
Thus, it is the URL itself which has a problem.

Any thoughts on what could be at the root cause of this abnormal behavior?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Cheers,

Eric

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by rich
Please enable the Kunena debug mode for more exact error message (Kunena configuration -> tab General) and create also a Configuration Report

More
5 years 5 months ago #3 by eunger
Hello-

Thank you Rich for your answer.
I was eventually able to troubleshoot and solve the problem on my own.
For those encountering the same kind of problem, here are my findings. The problem was caused by a file part of my Kunena template (named "Joomspirit"), located here:
..\components\com_kunena\template\joomspirit\layouts\widget\login\logout\default.php

The snippet of code below is from this file. The part in red is what adds the erroneous link to profile configuration page which causes a 500 error. I didn't need this feature, so I simply commented out this entire excerpt. It now works like a charm.

[...]

<div id="settings">
<a href="<?php echo $this->profile_edit_url; ?>" class="btn btn-link">
<?php echo KunenaIcons::cog();?>
<?php echo JText::_('COM_KUNENA_LOGOUTMENU_LABEL_PREFERENCES'); ?>
</a>
</div>

[...]

Cheers,

Eric

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds