Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 3.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Template messes with normal Avatar position?

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by Sylver_
Hello,

So, I'm going to start off by saying I have no idea what I'm doing. I was like "Hey, I'm making this server and I need a website, but I don't want to pay for it. Let's buy a domain and run the website through that on a dedicated server, alongside the actual game server." So, I looked around, I started with PhPBB3 but that looked horrible, was hard to configure and in general was old. Then I noticed Joomla, and noticed that there was more documentation that could help me. So I switched to that, and it's been (mostly) smooth sailing. Until now. I was mostly ignoring this problem until I figured out other things (Eg, how to make the login button only show for people not logged in). I don't know HTML or CSS, I didn't even know CSS was a thing.. So I haven't done anything that plays with it, minus one thing to fix my current problem which made it worse.

Basically, on Forum topics, it shows the profile above the post, when I want it on the left or right of it. It also shows some other things, but they don't bother me. I'm running Afterburner 2, and I've noticed using the default template Kunena comes with magically fixes it.. I'm guessing Afterburner doesn't support Kunena well and so Kunena uses the content-a and content-b for profile and forum, messing it up. I'm also guessing I'll need to somehow define a new module and move the profile to that module, or something similar..

The site I'm setting up is 198.245.50.220/index.php . It's bad, but it'll do what I want it to do, and so far the only thing I've spent money on is the domain, which I needed. I should also note I'm running this for a Minecraft server.

The rest of the site is fine, but the Forums section is messed up and I can't stand it.

I've looked around, but I haven't found an answer that works for me.

*I followed the link to the config report, and it says Error with nothing else. So, not sure what to do,*

Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Sylver_.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by Sylver_
Now that I've noticed, I'd like my forum to display the profile/avatar things on the left and the post itself on the right, like this forum.

More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by 810
set on crypsis options, load bootstrap. and for avatar you can select which position also on the crypsis settings

More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by Sylver_
Thanks for the quick reply,

I tried changing Crypsis, and I can change things like disabling breadcrumbs, but I can't set the profile to be on the left or right. I can, however, make it be on the top or bottom of the post. When I set it to be on the right or left, it stays at the top of the post.

Am I doing something wrong?

More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by 810
Its on the Features tab: called "Profile Position"

Or its just cache, go to system- clear cache - delete all

More
7 years 6 months ago #6 by Sylver_
Yeah, that's what I've tried changing, but instead of moving to where I set it to, it moves to either on top of the post or underneath it. I've got it set to display on the right side currently, and it's bellow the post on the actual topic.

More
7 years 6 months ago #7 by 810
backend - kunena - template - crypsis - basic settings tab - "Load bootstrap" set to Yes

More
7 years 6 months ago #8 by Sylver_
Already done, though it doesn't change anything.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds