Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 3.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Can't edit Kunena Template options

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by Lionear
Hi there,

I have an strange issue with the Kunena 3 forums on Joomla 3.
I've duplicated the standard Kunena template and renamed it etc. It also works like an charm, but:

When I want to change the template options I get this error:

Warning: array_shift() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/ircd/domains/globalirc.nl/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/controllers/templates.php on line 59

On that line in the file I see this:

$template = array_shift($cid);

Also I tried to do die($cid); but it is empty.

My configuration report:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Global IRC | author: Rick Bonkestoter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Global IRC 1.0 | author: Global IRC | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 2013-08-15

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.1 | 2013-06-29 [ Noordwijkerhout ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

How can this be fixed?

Kind regards,

Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
*** Topic moved from the Kunena 3.0 Support (reporting defects) category because the Kunena template you are using is not a product designed, developed, maintained or supported by the Kunena project ***

G'day, Rick, and welcome to the community here.

Please contact the author of the Kunena template you are using for assistance.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by Lionear
Dear sozzled,

Still you guys are the author of the template since its only an duplicate of the original template.
I also deleted the duplicated one but cant even change the Template options of the original template, I get the same error.

Regards,

Rick

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled

Lionear wrote: Still you guys are the author of the template since its only an duplicate of the original template.

No, "we guys" are not the author of your template and we have no responsibility for fixing problems with it. Please contact the author of your template for answers to what they have done wrong.

If you want to ask questions about the Kunena Blue Eagle template (as originally installed and without any modifications made to it), that's a different issue.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #5 by Lionear
Thats the whole point. ALso THAT template has the issue.
Like I already said the only thing I did was duplicating it.

When I delete it and activate the Blue Eagle template the issue is also there.

(Else I wouldn't even contact you guys ;) )

Also the frontpage works like an charm, only the backend (Template Edit) doesnt work.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Lionear.

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Please reinstall K 3.0.1, set as your default Kunena template the Blue Eagle template designed for K 3.0.1 (make no modifications to it), show us again your configuration report and let us visit your site and if, this time, we see the standard Blue Eagle template (including the "Powered by Kunena" notice at the foot of the page) and you still cannot edit any of the template options using the Kunena Template Manager, then maybe we have something we can help you investigate.

More
10 years 8 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
What changes are you making to your Kunena template? If you are editing the .php files then it is down to you to work out what you have changed and how to fix it.

Since you are effectively re-writing how the template works editing the .php, you should take responsibility for the changes you make. It is not down to the Kunena team to debug your edits.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds