Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Just something strange I noticed

More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by Murnane
I created a new category called "Help" so my members could ask for support in relation to using the site. I set it up with the exact same permissions as other categories but never thought to actually try and post in it. Then one of my members reported that they were unable to post in it and getting the following error

Error

You are not authorised to view this resource.

Sure enough I was getting the same error so I logged in as admin to see if that made a difference. When I clicked on the forum as admin I was taken to the "help tab" that appears in the forum menu when logged in as admin.

I renamed the category to "Support" and the problem is solved.
Ergo: naming a category "Help" must cause some sort of conflict.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
The category has the same alias as the Kunena menu item Help, that is why there is a conflict. Go to the category manager, open the category Help and change the Alias to "help-forum" (or similar) and it works.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by rich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds