Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question User-Group Change When Reaching Post Limit

More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by csbratton
I do not know if the following is possible, I am attempting to find out if it is or not; if not I would like to have it submitted as a future feature. (also is this is not a feature of Kunena but is an extension produce by someone else please let me know)

What I would like to do (request) is that a pre-selected post limit be set in which when a user reaches a defined number of posts in my Kunena Forum their Joomla user group be changed.

Use Study / Example:

MySite.whatever has a Kunena Forum; The site also uses K2 for content authoring on the main area of the site.

All registered users start in the "registered" user group.

After they post to the forums 100 times in the forum they are moved to the "writers" group. At this time through K2 that user group can publish articles to the site to be reviewed and published.

When that user has 500 posts to the forum they are moved to the "Contributors" group where K2 allows them to publish content without needing to be reviewed. Ia better conditional for this example would be 500 forum posts + 100 Joomla Articles)

Group setting being changed are also conditional. If a user is spamy or attempting to publish content the site does not want they can manually be moved into the "Readers" group that does not have K2 write permissions. Also once in this group, post count will not change their group. Ex. If at i50 forum posts John Doe who is in the Writer's Group, is publishing prohibited content to the site articles section, he is moved to the readers group, then when his 500th post rolls around he will not be promoted to the higher ranked group but remain in the restricted group.

More specific use study:

I am making a site to be a social network for a specific group of people across the world. People in this group are often bloggers and youtubers. Once they reach a point where we have time to weed out the spammers and trolls, we want these people to be able to publish their blog content on our site in order to drive people to their personal sites / youtube channels. The best suggestion about how we can handle that is to allow the forum to do it for us if the above idea is available in one form or another.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled

csbratton wrote: I do not know if the following is possible, I am attempting to find out if it is or not; if not I would like to have it submitted as a future feature. (also is this is not a feature of Kunena but is an extension produce by someone else please let me know).

Basically, this is one of those questions about how to automate the forum management side of website maintenance. As much as it's sometimes desirable to implement self-managing forums (with automated adjustment of user permissions depending on their involvement/activity) it's just not that easy to do.

This is a question that appears from time to time in this forum (for example in [Merged topic] User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs ). The short answer to your question is that it may be possible to tailor something like this but it will not be easy.

Sometimes we have to accept that, when we create our websites, we have to do a little "work" (forum management-wise) from time to time (as much as we would love to have things "automated") ;)

More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by csbratton
Thanks for the reply.

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds