Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question RSS Feed to create threads in Kunena Forum Section

More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by Webbrent
Good Day All,

I previously made use of a plugin/module that automatically created topics in my Kunena forum under a predefined threads from a specific RSS XML feed. I am now unable to find the plugin/module that I made use of previously.

My intentions are to have the module/plugin create the topics and then feed the Kunena topics to my Joomla front-end in the form of a "Featured Post slider". Obviously it would need to apply the most recent topic creations to the front page.

Any advice or assistance in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Webbrent

More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by 810
use a rss2content component

then use the kunena discuss plugin.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
This is a similar answer given to the same question asked in How to pull a RSS feed from another website to my forum?

There is a component called Rss2Content that was developed for J! 1.5. This component will not work in J! 3.x. There may be another component that you can use to generate Joomla articles from RSS feeds but I have not used any of them and, therefore, I cannot say if any of them are any good. You may find what you are looking for here in the Joomla Extensions Directory .

What is unclear from the answer, about using the Kunena Discuss plugin, is how you can show RSS feeds in your forum. If you have a Joomla article—however the article may be created—then you should be able to "push" its contents into your forum with the Kunena Discuss plugin. I hope this extra information helps better to explain the moderator's reply earlier in this topic.

I realise that the moderators are reluctant to merge together topics that relate to similarly-asked requests for information but this topic and How to pull a RSS feed from another website to my forum? are basically the same question. :)
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds