Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to display private forum areas

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #1 by MrCollins
Hi,
I need help configuring my forum so that Public can see the categories and number of posts in them, but not be able to read them as they are a member only area. How do make it where it shows up like that.

You will see a section that says "premium forums" and there are categories but I can't get them to display the name and count without giving access to read the forum.

The forum is at www.richertimes.com/real-estate-investing-forums

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 50M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_anacron | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.4 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.8 | creationdate: 2015-04-05

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.8 | 2015-04-05 [ Imperium ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.0.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by MrCollins. Reason: clarification

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, MrCollins.

I understand your question. This question appears a few times on this forum and I have both good news and some not good news. First of all the "not so good" news. It is not possible in the current version of Kunena to allow people to be able to see a list of topics (or even a count of the number of topics) in a category where you have restricted read access. If you restrict read access to a category then people cannot even see that the category exists let alone be able see any details about the topics in it. This is the way that Kunena has always worked since I first started using it seven years ago.

A related question to yours was asked a few days ago. I gave the same answer then as I give to you now. The "not so good" news, as far as you are concerned, is that the standard, current version of Kunena does not support any "teaser" feature.

To explain further, a "teaser" is a way of listing the topics in a category but not allow people to read the information in those topics unless they have logged in.

The "good news" is that there are other solutions that you can add to your forum that will allow a "teaser" feature. If you are interested you can search for these other solutions yourself or you can look at the general topic Teasers - Read list of topics but not be able to view the contents unless you are registered for more information on this subject. You may also like to look at the advertisements on this page to see if any of the advertisers support a teaser feature. For your information, these other solutions are not free but they are quite inexpensive.

I hope that this information helps. B)
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrCollins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds