Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Add column, module on sides of forum?

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by agabby
Hello.. I hope I'm asking this ? in the right place. How do I add a column, or module on the side of my forum to display items that I want my users to see while online. The position of your "Donate" button is a good example.

Do I stretch out my forum or add a module, etc., Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
This is a fairly standard Joomla template question. It would greatly assist to know more information about your website.

As a general "background" kind of answer, please read My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena ...

More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by agabby
my website is not published.. as I am designing it..
My template developer uses Kunena which is the only reason I chose Kunena

?????????

Isn't there just some basic instructions for this since it is "fairly standard joomla template questions" Doesn't it take more time for you to direct me to an article opposed to just a do it yourself or advising me where to start, either with code, etc.

I like it when people have put some of the most basic - step-by-step how to instructions on the internet for novices like me..

A

More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled

agabby wrote: Isn't there just some basic instructions for this since it is "fairly standard joomla template questions" Doesn't it take more time for you to direct me to an article opposed to just a do it yourself or advising me where to start, either with code, etc.

Yes, there are several online resources about how to select, choose or design Joomla websites. The FAQs page has some useful information on this.

There are several good books on the subject. One of my personal favourites is Using Joomla (2nd edition) by Ron Severdia & Jennifer Gress, O'Reilly, 2014. This book covers just about everything you are ever likely to want to know about Joomla.

One of the really good things about Joomla is that you do not need to know a lot about web programming. Joomla makes things fairly easy with "plug-in" extensions . If you want to tailor extensions to suit your own specific requirements, that's when you may need to know a little bit about "coding" (e.g CSS or PHP ) but these things are not for total novices (and that's where web professionals make their money!) ;)

Does this help?

More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by agabby
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Good reference link. Thanks :)

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds