Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Where are attatchements stored?

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by everstar
I have a user that posted some pictures. A few days later they deleted the pictures and wanted to upload the same pictures again to the same post. Reason is I asked them to since I changed the compression rate and raised it so photos would look better.

I am guessing even though the user deleted the photos that somehow the name and or files are still stored and so he can not upload them again because it wont allow it since the names exist already. Of course i could be totally wrong so either way, what can I do to allow this user to upload their files again without them changing the names of the files?

Many thanks!
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
Attachments are stored in "/media/kunena/attachments/folder with user ID". But deleted attachments are gone.
It's not a problem. The user can upload the same image again.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by rich.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by everstar
There is some other issue then as the user is unable to upload his images again.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

If a name of image already exist and you try to upload an image with the same name, a date is automaticaly added to differenciate the new image, it must not be an issue

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by everstar
This turned out to be a Caching incompatibility with Macs and Safari in particular. While there were problems also in Firefox and Chrome on the Mac, by far the one that struggled most was Safari. The only way to resolve this issue was to disable the site caching in the system settings of Joomla 3.4. Hopefully this will help someone else up the road. Maybe you all can look at it here to see why this causes issues in particular with Kunena.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds