Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Make forum read-only (read messages, no login and posting)

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by FAN
Hello, I can put the forum offline. I don't want to do that. I want to make the forum read-only for a while. SO I want to disable al login options and menus, so people can only look in the forum, but not register, create a new post or modify an existing one. How can I do that?

Reason: I will transfer the forum to a new server / site. I don't have much time, so I will have to do it spare moments. The forum is not used a lot for new questions and answers, but is used a lot to look for existing information. So setting the forum to read-only people can use it a bit and it gives me all the time to transfer all the users and data. After the transfer (server and domain) I can enable the forum again to complete functionality.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by 810
1) disable user registration on joomla user manager
2) Go to all kunena categories, and change the permissions at "User Groups Allowed To Post" and "User Groups Allowed To Reply" none should be selected

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by rich
Disable Registration: Backend > Users > User Manager > Options > Allow User Registration = No
Disable Kunena Login: Backend > Kunena > Plug-in Manager > Kunena - Joomla Integration > Basic > Enable Joomla Login = No
Other login modules: Backend > Extensions > Module Manager > Disable your login module
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds