Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question New reCaptcha?

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by ruud
New reCaptcha? was created by ruud
Hi, with the release of Joomla 3.4 the new googles recaptcha has been implemented: looks very promissing and is far more better for our guests!

Any plans on implemnting this captcha aso for Kunena (incl Discuss) as this is the place where the new captcha would have the most added value?

If it is a quick code change, please share: really eager to implement this for our users.

regards,
Ruud.

EDIT: just wondering why Kunena is using its own recaptcha code? Wouldn't it be easier to use the Joomla reCaptcha plugin for this?

sharing = caring
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by ruud.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic New reCaptcha?
Hello,

I think in the future Kunena will support for captcha the Joomla! plugins directly instead to have his own code for that. I have this in mind.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic New reCaptcha?
Hi, that would really be cool. People (read guests and myself) are always complaining about the captcha. And even with it we have the occasional spam messages :(

The new captcha is spot-on when it comes to customer first: not annoying, just click-and-go :)
how accurate it is in preventing spam is yet to be seen.

Looking forward to this change!

btw. If there are other developers who have or can implement this, are they able to to do?
The only coding I know is 'search-and-replace' and 'google that syntax for me' so this change is way out-of-my league. But perhaps others feel inclined to contribute?

Anyone?

sharing = caring

More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic New reCaptcha?
You need to know Php and javascript mootools and jQuery to do it, to do it you need to set a plugin event trigger should set in Kunena form. The check of captcha should be call when your post is saved.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds