Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question 500 Internal Server Error in Main Forum page [SOLVED]

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Kotsolis
Hello, I want to ask if there are any improvements in terms of Forum speed (I use 3.0.6).

I have www.gameworld.gr/forum and occasionally my forum has huge slowdowns. Main page www.gameworld.gr/forum is down with 500 Internal Server Error and only seperate topics can open.

Any help on this? Maybe the "Last forum posts module" grabs too much bandwidth? Or do I need any maintenance? I tried to repair databases and optimize them through SSH (whenever possible of course).

Also check those screenshots because they might give solution:
oi60.tinypic.com/245ybt2.jpg
oi60.tinypic.com/mb69mp.jpg
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Kotsolis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by 810
you have 459851 Guests Online, so that's not good. Empty the joomla user session table. and try again

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Kotsolis
I have these tables and I dont know which one of this 4 shall I choose. My site user profiles go together with the forum.

Joomla table. This has:
- jos_comprofiler_session (1)
- jos_session (2)

Phpbb table. This has:
- phpbb_sessions (3)
- phpbb_sessions_keys (4)

Also If I delete a table named "sessions" I will have to delete all entries of it?
And it won't do any harm in my users, right?

More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by 810
not delete the tables, just empty the table jos_session

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Kotsolis
I have emptied the table jos_session 6 hours ago and now it has only...erhm...one entry!

Something is wrong here! My site has thousands of views every day. Shall I delete other mysql table? This is the jos_session_node . Maybe it's this?

Also tell me where to look in order to confirm the correct mysql table connected with Kunena

And 2)Define to me how can I clear sessions table automatically. Ex. I want to Kick Out users out of mysql sessions table after 20 minutes of inactivity. How can I do that?

Thanks.
Attachments:

More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by ruud
Hi, I never do things directly in sql database as I do not know what the effect will be.

The user sessions are stored in the database and the time is configurable:
1. in the Joomla backend login in as administrator
2. goto [System] > [Global Configuration]
3. in the tab [System] change the Session Lifetime under heading Session Settings

Note that if you set this to short and a user takes a long time to eg post a reply this user will be timed-out and loose his reply.

I you want to purge all online settings, you could use Admin Tools (a free Akeeba plugin). here you can [purge sessions] (!note: this will also logout loggedin users)

For general performance tips, there is a how to on this forum that gives advice on .htaccess settings for clientside caching.
You can also turn on or tune caching of Kunena (in Kunena settings)

Hope this helps!
regards,
Ruud.

sharing = caring

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Kotsolis
Ok I've just changed the limits to chachetime 15 and lifetime to 30, and when I did this, my site (GameWorld.gr) stopped responding. It shows like loading, nothing else.

I tried to reboot through WHM, even tried Forceful Reboot now. Nothing.

More
9 years 1 month ago #8 by ruud
when I try to load your site I get a 503 > Service Temporarily Unavailable. This is not a joomla message but a server response and this usually means that your server is to busy and is not responding back in time.
I sometimes get this when another site that is also run on our server (shared server) is attacked (ddos) and takes up all cpu so my virtual server doesn't work anymore.
can you login on your providers backend and see what is happening? high CPU, memory, processes, etc.

sharing = caring

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #9 by ruud
Okay, afer three or 4 retries, your site is online again :)

Total users online: 6 Members and 454 Guests Online

Time to create page: 0.637 seconds > :woohoo:

sharing = caring
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by ruud.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #10 by Kotsolis
I have switched back to cachetime 900 και lifetime 30000 and now the site works.

This has clearly to do with the configuration.php file which I replaced through FTP! When I changed it, after 2-3 minutes, the site was back!

So what are the correct values that I need to change, in order for this to not happen again?

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.995 seconds