Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Solved Status update?

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #1 by ruud
Status update? was created by ruud
Hi,

I am a long time user of Kunena. I use it as the default forum software for several community sites I run.
But lately I start to notice that it is becoming a little bit quiet when it comes to new functionality and the new version (last tweet is 156 days old stating

"have not forgot about you all, been sick this past week. Will get you a screenshot soon ;) ^JW"

but what is really beginning to trouble me is that some of the other Joomla dev teams who's components I use are not using kunena (anymore) but start to use other forum software... This will for sure impact my installations as I am dependent on them regarding the integration of Kunena with their components.

Recently CoreJoomla announced a new self developed forum component which (I must admit) looks very promissing... One of his 'complaints' is that development isn't going fast enough: which challenged me to look at what is happening over here... I can't find anything related to new functionality / the new version (other then a bunch of commits on github which are unreadable for me).

So what is happening? Is Kunena still alive and kicking?

sharing = caring
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by 810.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Status update?
yeah we still alive. We are working hard on the new versions. We aren't an company, so there is no full time working on it. Our head developer is working for rockettheme where he is doing new stuff, so he hasn't got a lot of time to check the code. But we are working on it.

K3.1 new features are:
- multiple uploads
- new bootstrap template (Crypsis)
- Protected file uploads
- Teaser (show only the first message for guests)
- Fixed several bugs, that's still in K3.0 version
- HMVC
- TFA
- emojis
- Twitter tweets in message

This week K3.0.7 will be released. I will also create a blog item with the new features.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by 810.

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Status update?
Hi Jelle,

thanks for taking the time to respond: looks promissing!
in the Netherlands we have a saying: "It is only your birthday when you bought and shared cake" (je bent pas jarig als je getrakteert hebt) > What I mean is that communication is equally important (if not more important) then the actual programming :)

A good responsive theme is not a nice to have anymore: it is a must! Good to see that on the list. A lot of people also do not understand the choice for bbcode editors: they come from the worlds of facebook and twitter, etc. where the bbcode editor comes from the 'old world' of bulletin boards etc.

What would be the best way to think ahead and have these feature discussions?

sharing = caring

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Status update?
Some examples for now, This weekend you will see more...

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by 810.

More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic Status update?
Wow! These look really good! Looking forward to 'the real deal' :)
Thanks for sharing!

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds