Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Message/Notification for messages awaiting moderation

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by jthrongard
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 200M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_corvus | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.1 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

I am hoping that someone can help me with this. I am looking for a way to display a message/notification to users who have messages that are pending approval. We have the feature "Moderate New Users" set to 1 and that is working perfectly but the new users aren't aware that their post is awaiting approval so they just post another topic/message that is the exact same as the first. So we are getting many double posts. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can cure that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
When a user posts a message in a category that is subject to moderator approval, they will see a message (at the top of the screen) when they post that message that says something like "this post is awaiting moderator approval". Kunena does not have a feature that informs users after that time that they may have posts not yet been approved for publication.

There is a menu item called "Unapproved posts" that will help moderators see what messages are waiting for approval.

The easiest way to solve this problem is for the forum moderators to approve the messages.

To my way of thinking, this is more a question about how efficiently (or inefficiently, perhaps) your forum moderators are performing their tasks.

Another way of helping your users—to reduce the amount of "duplicate posts" is to write a sticky topic that says "Please wait patiently for our forum moderators to review your submissions in this category." I hope this helps.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 3.097 seconds