Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Important New post email notification URL broken

More
9 years 3 months ago #21 by sozzled

mikm27 wrote: I upgraded from a j1.5 site. I think my Kunena menu items are fine - I just rebuilt them with the Kunena tool.

Migrating from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 or J! 3.x could be a reason for this problem (but I'm still only guessing).

A lot of people have problems after migrating from J! 1.5 because J! 1.5 did not have ACLs. Missing ACLs/permissions on your forum categories, menu items or even site folders can cause problems. The most likely cause of "404 errors" comes from badly defined menues. To confirm this—I realise we've asked this before—it would be good to see your current Kunena configuration report (again), please.

Another thing: I would strongly recommend that you upgrade Community Builder to version 2.0.

You may also like to check your forum category permissions against Simple forum setup instructions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #22 by mikm27
I'll check the our forum category permissions against the instructions.

Unfortunately I cannot enable SEO setting as described in the wiki: we use CBSubs to prevent non-subscribers from accessing joomla article details and some modules; enabling SEO settings breaks this CBSubs function (as described on their forum.)

Here's my config again:) After rebuilding the Kunena menu items with the tool, I disabled some menu items that we don't need and reordered the menu items and relinked to the Kunena menu - no other changes were made to the menu items.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 40M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : yoo_frequency | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.3 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.6 | creationdate: 2014-07-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.6 | 2014-07-28 [ Tala ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Content - Kunena Discuss 3.0.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.0.1

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #23 by sozzled
It looks like you are using a couple of out-of-date menu items. My suggestion—again, I realise I have written it before—is to trash and delete all of your existing Kunena menu items and "rebuild" the menu using the tecnique described in Kunena Menu issues in the Wiki. "Disbling" menu items is not a sure-fire way to fix the problem; sometimes it's necessary to completely remove them altogether. ;)

mikm27 wrote: Unfortunately I cannot enable SEO setting as described in the wiki: we use CBSubs to prevent non-subscribers from accessing joomla article details and some modules; enabling SEO settings breaks this CBSubs function (as described on their forum.)

I would be quite surprised if CBsubs did not permit you to use Joomla's SEO URLs but that may be something you need to take up with Joomlapolis. Just as I wrote before "this [issue] should not be a reason to force people to employ Joomla's SEO if they do not want those features", this should also not be a reason to force people to abandon using Joomla's SEO simply because a Joomla extention, like CBsubs, doesn't allow it, either.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #24 by thomasmanca

sozzled wrote:

thomasmanca wrote:
I subscribed to a topic and posted a test message using a different account. The image below shows you the email that I received (I have edited the email to remove personal information about myself):

In the image above, I have used arrows to indicate the HTML "ampersand" characters generated by Kunena.

When I clicked this URL from my email program, the URL was correctly translated to

http://<site-name>/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=home&defaultmenu=160&Itemid=159

... and the page opened!
I then tried copying and pasting the URL into Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari browsers and the URL worked in every case.

Hello sozzled.
Thanks for your help.
The problem is that the URL is opened by the browser .. but does not direct the discussion where there is the new POST .. .... page opens General Forum .. the general page with all categories ..
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by thomasmanca.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #25 by Draconferris

I have a same problem now on my live site. There is any solution for this?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Draconferris.

More
8 years 10 months ago #26 by 810
Yes enable joomla Sef and Kunena sef.

Do step 1 and 2 from this: www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joomla-3/seo-settings

More
8 years 10 months ago #27 by adroussel

810 wrote: Yes enable joomla Sef and Kunena sef.

Do step 1 and 2 from this: www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joomla-3/seo-settings

Well this is more a workaround than a solution.
It should work as well with sef enabled or not. I use Kunena on a site where I don't want SEF to be enabled and in previous version of Kunena email notification links were working fine.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #28 by 810
K3.07 or K3.08 was working

We just released K4.0
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by 810.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #29 by sozzled
I spent about 30 hours investigating this issue. It seems that, for some people at least, if they do not enable SEF URLs then they have problems.

810 is correct in saying that things were working—for most people—with K 3.0.7 and K 3.0.8. One problem with his observation is that the link to download K 3.0.8 has been removed from the download page on this website.

Given the situation that we are discussing K 3.0 in this topic, and that K 4.0 has just been released and it not fully stable, I think it's better to exercise some caution.

The solution that I found, that works in 100% of cases, is to implement Joomla Search Engine Optimisation feature as shown in Kunena's own documentation. If, however, people do not want to implement Joomla's SEO then that's their decision.

I have not figured out what is the underlying cause of the problem but I suspect that it is webhost-dependent.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 10 months ago #30 by mikm27
That's disappointing but I appreciate all the time you've spent investigating the problem and thanks for the honest report.

Time to create page: 0.648 seconds