Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question $ Can I use Kunena to make a forum for making money?

More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by Nick2000
Hello people,

I have not used Kunena before (not even installed) however I had a few websites on older versions of Joomla.

I want to setup a forum solely for the reason of making money. In specific my ideal forum will be able to do the following:
  1. Allow users to register and post for free but...
  2. Only paid users will be able to create a signature. The reason for limiting signatures is because paid users will be able to advertise their business by having a signature with or without a link or banner linking to their site.
  3. Topics open only to paid users: Some topics should be accessible only to *some* paid users. For example: Topic A and Topic B are for paid users only BUT paid users of Topic A should not be able to access Topic B (and vice versa, with multiple topics).
  4. Subscription should be able to be activated online when paid by PayPal and must be expiring automatically when subscription period is over.
  5. User Rating: Logins, replies and thank-you actions should increate the user rating.

I can’t think of another method for financial income (except Google Ads). Do you?
So my question is, can this be done with Kunena or I should be looking elsewhere?

Any help, suggestion or recommendation is much appreciated!
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #2 by quangbs

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #3 by sozzled

quangbs wrote: So difficult

Yes, it is difficult to answer a lot of questions in one topic. It would have been better to have created separate topics for each question.

The first question you asked is "Can I use Kunena to make a forum for making money?" The answer to that question is yes. Yes, you can use Kunena to make a forum to make money. I think, however, since it's been nearly two weeks since you asked all your questions (and you probably have still not installed Kunena in that time) that you do not seem to be in a big hurry to "make money". :dry:

The other 5 questions are difficult questions to answer.

1. Yes you can allow users to register and post (without having to pay money) if that's what you want them to be able to do.

2. No, you cannot control whether users can create a signature simply because they "paid" for the privilege. I am sure we have answered this question somewhere else on this forum here in the last 6 years. You might like to search for topics that discuss this issue.

3. I do not understand what you mean by "some" paid users. Perhaps you mean that you have different payment categories so that people pay to post in category A and others pay to post in category B and some people pay extra to post in both categories A and B. That's something I am sure you can figure out for yourself.

4. There are Joomla extensions that handle the Paypal payment processing.

5. "User ratings" could be achieved by using JomSocial or, perhaps, AlphaUserPoints. I do not use those extensions and so I cannot tell you much about them. That's something I am sure you can research for yourself.

Of course, I can actually give you more personalised advice, if you would like to pay me for that kind of service. Yes, I use Kunena to in my business. ;)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds