Kunena 6.0.6 & Kunena 5.2.13 & blue eagle5 1.6.8 released as security release (Yesterday)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.0.6 [K 6.0.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.2.x. This is a security release.

× If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question "Badwords" Configuration

More
8 years 1 month ago #1 by drhansenjr
Where do I go in the Kunina backend to configure "badwords"/words that are prohibited in posts? I know I've seen it, and it's probably somewhere obvious that I'm missing, but I've been through all the fields under Confuration and can't seem to find it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic "Badwords" Configuration
The best advice that I can give people who "remember" seeing something is to use Google to search for the information.

We have had this discussion before and there are four important points that I would like to make:

1) The was a configuration option in Fireboard (and therefore in K 1.0) about 6 years ago to integrate a third party-developed plugin that achieved some "bad" word filtering. This option was removed in K 1.5 — that is, in June 2009. There was never any badword filter feature created or fully supported by the developers of Fireboard or Kunena.

2) I am not aware of any discussion forum software that has a bad word filter feature built into the core component. For those discussion forum software products that may have the facility to filter out bad words, this is usually done as an add-on; this is not usually done as a core function of the forum software. Most "bad word" problems are problems of bad behaviour that are usually resolved by effective forum moderation and by having a well-published terms of use policy.

3) There is no bad word "feature" in K 3.0. See Kunena Features .

4) The project team has no plans to develop a "bad word" add-on for Kunena. See Feature Request: Integrated Badwords filtering . There may be other, third-party tools that will achieve the same result (e.g. Badword2 - myth or it really works? ) but, because I have not seen any discussion on those ideas for four years or more, I really cannot say.

While it may be possible for someone to write a plugin that will work with Kunena to replace "bad words" with some other text, I am not aware of what plugins may exist, who has written them or how you would obtain them.

In summary, you may search in the Kunena configuration settings for K 3.0 but you will not find any "badword" option. If you would like to search further, I suggest you use Google. I hope this answer your question and will help anyone else who may be interested in this subject.

Good luck. :)
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3 by drhansenjr
Replied by drhansenjr on topic "Badwords" Configuration
Sorry about that -- I did search before posting. Turns out it was in the uddeIM component where I remembered seeing it.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds