Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question posts by view levels

More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by xreliable
I have custom groups/view levels in Joomla 3. I don't believe this is possible with Kunena by default so could you point me to the documentation that might help for me to set this up?

What I would like to do is have the ability to have members only see a post (in a forum they have permissions to view/post) by a particular member if they have the corresponding view level permissions. So hypothetically:

"Forum1" has Read and Post permissions for all signed in members and read permissions for public/guest.

JoeP is member of group: "Registered"
MonicaZ is member of group: "Insider"
AbeR is member of group: "Insider"
DaveK is member of group: "Author" (so in Joomla this is a "special" group)

1) JoeP starts a thread: "Thread1"
2) DaveK replies: "Thread1>Reply1"
3) MonicaZ replies: "Thread1>Reply2"
4) JoeP replies: "Thread1>Reply1>Reply1"
5) AbeR replies: "Thread1>Reply2>Reply1"

Only AbeR and MonicaZ can even see (Read or Reply) items #3 and #5

This is different from setting up a private forum because it keeps the flow of conversation on a topic but allows for users to have certain levels of discretion. It could be very useful in various scenarios for example, in addition to insider or private type groups, this could also be useful for dealing with trolls and spammers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic posts by view levels
Kunena does not have that level of granularity to allow people to see certain posts within topics or to reply to certain posts (and not reply to other posts). Kunena has never had this level of granularity.

Your request is currently not possible with the current version of Kunena, sorry.

Kunena allows you to control who can post new topics and who can reply to those topics but not to individual posts within topics.

More
9 years 6 months ago #3 by xreliable
Replied by xreliable on topic posts by view levels
Hi sozzled. Thank you for the reply. I understand that it is not possible (by default). It seems like it could be reasonably done however since Kunena is integrated with the Joomla ACL. What I'd like to know is if it could be possible say with a content type plugin or hack? What I was thinking was if you could point me to the area within the Kunena code where posts are output a Joomla control could be added for example:
Code:
JFactory::getUser()->authorise($action, $assetName);

I believe I could do this if I understood the variables that Kunena utilizes for content.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds