Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Moderate specific user

More
9 years 7 months ago #1 by feliwebwork
Hi everyone,

is there a way to moderate a specific user so that I have to approve all their posts before they post? I don't want to moderate every user on the forum, just a couple of people who are giving me a headache. I don't want to ban these people either, just be able to review their posts before they go up. Is there a way to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Moderate specific user

feliwebwork wrote: Is there a way to moderate a specific user so that I have to approve all their posts before they post?

Not really.

The ability to review message operates in one of two ways:

1) You can review (and you will need to approve) the first n messages of all users with the setting:

Configuration » Security » Security Settings » Moderate New Users

or

2) You can review (and you will need to approve) all messages in selected categories.

========================================================================

Warning: The following paragraph contains information that could potentially destroy your forum. Use the information at your own risk.

It is theoretically possible to tweak a few things around in the Kunena database tables. What you would need to do is to modify a user's Kunena profile record in the table _kunena_users and change the value of the column posts to a large negative number. This method would continue to work unless you used the Kunena Forum » Forum Tools » Recount Statistics facility.

========================================================================

It is, perhaps, an unfortunate fact of life that there are difficult people who inhabit this planet. It is, however, fortunate that there is so much diversity among the personalities of people we encounter. Sometimes we encounter "difficult people" who cause mischief in internet forums. I do not necessarily agree that certain people should be singled out for special treatment but it's your forum, you choose to run things in a certain way and I respect that.

If I was in your situation and I had a difficult person then I would do one of two things:

a) if I thought there was some "value" in retaining that person's membershi I would calmly try to discuss with them—offline, via email—the areas in which I would like to see an improvement; or

b) I would simply ban the user for a short time to help them realise that their behaviour was unacceptable according to the terms of use that apply at your website. If that person did not realise that their behaviour was unacceptable then you would have no choice but to ban them indefinitely.

I'll be honest with you and say that I disagree that with attempting to use "technology" to moderate someone's behaviour. In many cases, trying to find a techology-based solution to a "people problem" can cause more problems than it attempts to solve. Good luck. ;)
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sykepleier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds