Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question no global forum moderation for site admins

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #158885 by Azriel
hello,
is there a way I can remove global forum moderation rights from people with backend access to joomla? I have some forums that I want to keep private to certain groups only, but I also have a few members that automatically have global permissions to all forums, because they have access to the backend, and are therefore recognised as administrators.
Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #158888 by sozzled
Site administrator accounts, by default, have global moderator permissions. If you have people who use site administrator accounts (for user management or site administration purposes) then I would suggest to you to ask those people to have a separate account when they use the forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #158899 by rich

I would suggest to you to ask those people to have a separate account when they use the forum.

That would help anything, because they still can login with the Admin account.

A lot is possible with Joomla groups management.
You can take your administrators the rights for Kunena. "Backend > Kunena > Options > Administrator > Access Administration Interface = Denied" But then they have also in the backend no Kunena access.
Why do you have so many administrators? A Manager is enough to create Joomla article. For extra work, you can to grant rights individually.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by rich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #158925 by Azriel
I run a relatively large community for which i have several admins managing their own groups of members. Currently I have given them certain permissions to access the backend of joomla, in order to add users into user groups, and to change their kunena rank, to display their status in their profile and to allow them to visit private forums. This however is a very insecure approach, as I am handing out backend access to far more people than I would like. It also means that I cannot block them from viewing private forums that are not relevant to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #158927 by rich

This however is a very insecure approach, as I am handing out backend access to far more people than I would like.

You're right, that's not optimal. I am sorry, but in your case it seems to give no satisfactory solution.

Important! Always create a backup before you make any changes to your website!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #158929 by Azriel
ok, thank you for your quick responses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds