Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to enable tagging features

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by paeataa
Hello,

I'm a noob, and wondered if anyone could tell me how to enable or disable tagging in forum for each new topic.

I'm using Kunena 3.0. When installing it and trying it out for the first time, I remember seeing a textbox that I can put 'tags' for each new topic. But now it's gone.

Thanks a bunch!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I don't know where you had seen this textbox to add tags, but this feature need some extra to work. So it's disabled by default untill new improvements on it.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by zydanielson
What "extra" is needed or required to make this work? I saw requests for tags in Kunena from three years back and that the feature was implemented in version 2. But either it wasn't, or I can't find it.

Anyone know the real status of tags for topics or posts?

"Life changes when you love what you love
more than you hate what you hate."

~ Elisha

More
9 years 9 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

we had decided to use tags feature introduced in Joomla! 3.0 or 3.1 i don't remember exactly, we had waited a bit that the feature will be more stable. I can't say when this feature will be totally finished.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zydanielson

More
9 years 9 months ago #5 by zydanielson
Okay, xillibit, thank you for the reply. Meanwhile, I've started making a small lightgray line at the bottom of posts and using a period in front of a tag word, or between words in a tag phrase. Like this:
.tagword .important.tag.phrase

The difference being that I make it color #dddddd and size 1 so you hardly notice it. But it's easy, then, to use the kunena search function to find ".tagword" or ".important.tag.phrase"

So I've found my workaround until the day. Maybe others will find this useful too.

"Life changes when you love what you love
more than you hate what you hate."

~ Elisha

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds