Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to download to PDF attachments by click

More
9 years 10 months ago #1 by MarioMari
Hi!
I would like to annexes to post a PDF to be downloaded automatically when you click, ie add a parameter to the link "download".
eg
"<a download href=....>

Is it possible

Best Regards!

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. What do you want "automatically" downloaded? Are you asking if it is possible to change Kunena in any way that you would like to change it? Is that your question?

More
9 years 10 months ago #3 by MarioMari
Hi Sozzled :)

As usual patient, thank you.

I would like to link to a PDF file in the attachment post contains the parameter "download " (tag <a>)

Then you click the link in the attachment post will automatically copy the file, do not open it in the browser plugin.

Joomla 2.5.8, and 3.0 K.2.0.3, default Chrome

More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
I still do not understand your question or how your question relates to Kunena. I do not understand what you are trying to download from Kunena.

Kunena is a web-based discussion forum product that was written for Joomla. Kunena is not a "click here and download something" product.

I understand how the <A ...> HTML tag works. What are you thinking of changing and where does this <A ...> tag exist? Can you show us where this download link exists, please?

More
9 years 10 months ago #5 by nutter308
MarioMari I'm afraid this is more to do with your local computer/browser settings. If I use internet explorer and select a pdf to view on any site, it will prompt me for a save location, however the same link in chrome would open the pdf in a new tab for viewing.

you could zip your pdf before attaching to your forum, this would give you the 'download' action you are looking for.

hope this answers your question.

Time to create page: 0.518 seconds