Kunena 5.2.3 released (Yesterday)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.3 [K 5.2.3] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.3

× If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Enter a user's registration information

More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by dansouza
hello!

I Need to enter a user's registration information, so that it is fixed in the signature or 'kpost-profile' in kunena fórum

example: the registration of the User it fills the city where you live, and this information is necessary to be the signature of the User or 'kpost-profile'

help me please...
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Dan, and welcome to Kunena.

If I understand you correctly, your current Joomla registration procedure asks new members to ender the location/city where they live and you would like Kunena to import this information and use it as part of their Kunena signature. Is that correct?

If my understanding of what you want is correct, the current Kunena package does not include that functionality.

You wrote that you need to have this information in the forum user's signature - you used the word "necessary". Of course, if you need to do something that is not part of the standard package, this is a custom job. The question that you need to ask yourself is whether this necessary requirement is worth the cost involved in making whatever it takes to give you a solution. You may want to reconsider whether this necessary requirement is genuine or whether it's something that would be "nice to have" if it could be done cheaply.

As you can see by looking at my user profile here on this website, I have voluntarily included the city where I live when I updated by Kunena user profile. The city where I live is displayed as part of the standard Kunena package (but not in the signature field that you need in your case). That's a cheap alternative.

If, however, you really need to have the city inserted into the user's signature when they post on your forum, please reply and we will see what can be done. You should keep in mind that "nothing is impossible but everything has a cost". ;)
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dansouza

More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by dansouza
Hi!!
you understood correctly!

however, need not be necessary in the signature.
may be caring for the area 'kpost-profile' ... where you have specified the location where you live.

needed, however, that this information was written .... and imported directly from the registration information that User has already made.

To explain better! .... My registration form in joomla, already changed and has more fields than usual ... one of these fields is a location information, and to make clear to other users of the forum, where is the location of each User, Written! ...

thank's

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks for your reply.

I'm fairly sure that we have received enquiries about how to automatically populate fields into the Kunena user profile from data collected at registration time (e.g. www.kunena.org/forum/custom-work-not-off...o-my-kunena-template). Most of these enquiries go unanswered because no-one seems to have found the answer.

When a person registers at your site a very basic [Kunena] forum profile is automatically created in the table _kunena_users; this table is not populated with data held in the table _users. If I put this another way, nothing is copied from the Joomla user table and put into the Kunena user profile.

After a user registers at your site they may then add other information into their Kunena user profile, for example, gender, location, signature and a few other things. Other "social networking" Joomla extensions (like JomSocial and Community Builder) work similarly.

I am not aware of a tool (a Joomla plugin, for instance) that automatically populates another Joomla extension "user profile" from the Joomla user profile. I am guessing that it would be possible to write a tool but I haven't really looked into it.

Automatically populating the Kunena user profile with extra information obtained at registration time is either a request for a feature to be added to a future version of Kunena (and the likely timeframe for this to happen could many months away before it becomes part of the standard core Kunena product), or this is a request for custom work. I'm just stating the facts as I know them.

You have some choices:

(a) suggest to your membership that they take the extra time to update their Kunena user profiles themselves;

(b) consider installing JomSocial or Community Builder which have their own registration procedures and use either of these instead of the Kunena user profile; or

(c) consider how you want to proceed with your request to automatically copy data collected by the Joomla registration process across to the Kunena user profile as a custom job. We have two categories in this forum for custom work - one where you offer to pay someone to do this work and the other where you make no offer of payment.

I hope this helps.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dansouza

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds