Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question I would like to receive notifications everytime a topic, reply, edit or anything else is done on my forum

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #1 by willtrd
i would like to receive notifications everytime a topic, reply, edit or anything else is done on my forum.
i am not receiving any notifications when people post on the forum (i have set myself as a moderator for all categories in the kuena backend)

could you please advise as to why i would not be receiving any notifications or better yet how to set up the notifications? i have as i said set myself for a moderator of all categories & set the email in the config...

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 45 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 24M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : | author: | version: | creationdate:

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.5 | creationdate: 2014-03-09

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.5 | 2014-03-09 [ Invecchiato ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled. Reason: Copied/pasted config report from another topic started by this person

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Yes, it is possible to send emails to the site administrator every time someone creates a new topic or posts a reply to a topic on your forum——anyone except in the case when you create a new topic or reply to a topic, that is——with the following setting:

Kunena Forum: Configuration » Security » Security Settings » E-mail Administrators = All New Posts

Correspondingly, there is a similar setting if you want to send emails to all forum moderators, too.

Kunena Forum: Configuration » Security » Security Settings » E-mail Moderators = All New Posts

If you enable both settings then, as the site administrator, you will receive two emails.

This is the most likely reason why you are not getting those emails.

It is not currently possible (in K 3.0.5) to send email whenever someone edits a message posted on the forum. As far as "anything else" is concerned, that's a very broad question. I would say that the answer to the "anything else" part of your question is no.

More
10 years 1 month ago #3 by willtrd
thank you, unfortunately i already had those setting correct but am not receiving an email. that is what confused me....
i do have both set to all new posts for admin & moderators. are you saying that i should only set one?
thank you

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
There are two questions here:

willtrd wrote: are you saying that i should only set one?

I mean this:

If you set Email Administrators = All New Posts, and you are the site administrator, and you have a valid email address for your site administrator account, then every time someone using a different account on your site creates a new topic or posts a reply to an existing topic you will receive an email.

If you set Email Moderators = All New Posts, and you are a forum moderator, and you have a valid email address for your forum moderator account, then every time someone using a different account on your site creates a new topic or posts a reply to an existing topic you will receive an email.

If you only use one account (that is a site administrator account) and you have enabled yourself on that account to be a forum moderator (you don't need to do that because site administrators are automatically forum moderators) and, again assuming that your email account is valid and your email client program does not think that mail from your site is "junk mail", every time someone using a different account on your site creates a new topic or posts a reply to an existing topic you will receive two emails - one because you are a site admin and the other because you are a forum moderator. The emails are slightly different to one another.

If you want to receive two emails every time someone (other than you) posts something on your forum, that's you business. ;) I did not say you should set one or the other. (Some people like to get lots of emails)

willtrd wrote: i already had those setting correct but am not receiving an email.

This is a whole different area. :pinch: First things first: make sure that you are able to receive emails from other functions that you're running on your site. Test that emails are being sent (from other things - not Kunena things) before we go down the path of why you're not getting email from Kunena.

I think there's a diagnostic aid for checking what happens with Kunena email but it might take me a little while to track it down for you. In the meantime, can you check that your SMTP mail server is running the way that it's supposed to be by generating a test email; there are lots of ways you can generate email within Joomla.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds