Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question How to setup a Kunena development environment?

More
10 years 1 month ago #1 by Fox
Hello,
I've read the wiki , but I can't find the answer to my question, which is the following.

When I checkout the project from GitHub, it creates a folder structure which is good for building a kunena installation package, but it is not good for debug.

If I setup a running Joomla + Kunena environment, the directory structure is different and I can't commit my contributions.

What is the correct environment setup which allows to run Kunena locally in debug and to commit easily to GitHub?

Thanks.

- Demis Palma -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #2 by 810
What you can do is using symlinks:

mac: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/master/scripts/git-link.sh
Windows: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/mast...kunena_sym_links.bat

1) you need a joomla branch
2) You need a local git branch
3) Run the script.
4) go to backend click on kunena. and the installer will run. or the files are there already.
5) make any changes.
6) check git client to see any changes.
7) commit the changes
8) Make a pull request.

ps this is for master branch. you can also choose other branch in the links

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #3 by xillibit

Fox wrote: What is the correct environment setup which allows to run Kunena locally in debug and to commit easily to GitHub?

Thanks.

Hello,

You have two docs in the wiki for configure eclipse or phpstorm : www.kunena.org/docs/Developing_in_Eclipse_with_Git and www.kunena.org/docs/Developing_in_PhpStorm_with_Git

The doc on phpstorm is currently on improvements...

It exists this settings : github.com/joomla/coding-standards/tree/master/IDE , but i don't know it do the tricks for Kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by xillibit.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds